• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• g1
    replied
    Originally posted by ca7922303 View Post

C24 jumper removed
    Looking closer at it, the orange wire should not be touching R34. Make sure it is not. Then measure resistance from connector pin shown above, to the junction of R34 and R44.

Leave a comment:

• g1
    replied
    Measure resistance between connector pin in pic and the orange wire connected to R34.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nfb path.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	957168

Leave a comment:

• ca7922303
    replied
    Originally posted by g1 View Post

Ok, it's a ground wire so if I see red connected to ground I get suspicious.

Can you post another picture just like the last one, but now with the C24 jumper removed.
    C24 jumper removed

Leave a comment:

• g1
    replied

Was previously black but it became to short soldering and resoldering it so it was replaced.
    Ok, it's a ground wire so if I see red connected to ground I get suspicious.

Can you post another picture just like the last one, but now with the C24 jumper removed.

edit: adding schematic of presence/damping/nfb circuit. Presence pot is 10K.

Click image for larger version  Name:	laney presence.jpg Views:	0 Size:	21.5 KB ID:	957179
    Last edited by g1; 04-04-2022, 04:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ca7922303
    replied

Removed c24 jumper, c44 now(4.7k/4.7k ohms) presence 0-10.
    The other red wire is connecting main board to midi board.
    Was previously black but it became to short soldering and resoldering it so it was replaced.

Leave a comment:

• ca7922303
    replied

Yes, that's C24. Remove the jumper and repeat the measurement.
    Where is that other red wire in the picture going?
    Removed c24 jumper, c44 now(4.7k/4.7k ohms) presence 0-10.
    The other red wire is connecting main board to midi board.

Leave a comment:

• g1
    replied

Jumper wire across what I believe to be c24, from ground to end of R44-presence on 0(3.2k ohms)
    presence on 10(2.1 ohms).
    Yes, that's C24. Remove the jumper and repeat the measurement.
    Where is that other red wire in the picture going?

Leave a comment:

• ca7922303
    replied
    On main board, solder a jumper wire across C24. Find R44. One end should be 0 ohms to ground. Measure resistance from the other end to ground, with presence set to zero, then with presence set to 10.
    Jumper wire across what I believe to be c24, from ground to end of R44-presence on 0(3.2k ohms)
    presence on 10(2.1 ohms).

Leave a comment:

• g1
    replied
    On main board, solder a jumper wire across C24. Find R44. One end should be 0 ohms to ground. Measure resistance from the other end to ground, with presence set to zero, then with presence set to 10.

Leave a comment:

• ca7922303
    replied
    Get back to the presence control. It should boost upper mid frequencies. Does it do anything? Does it work backwards? Affect the oscillation?
    Presence not doing anything and has no affect on oscillation.

Leave a comment:

• g1
    replied
    Get back to the presence control. It should boost upper mid frequencies. Does it do anything? Does it work backwards? Affect the oscillation?

Leave a comment:

• ca7922303
    replied
    First make sure it is stuck down to the board with pins lined up using some kind of glue or fixative like the original had (red stuff). You need a fine tip on your solder iron. If you don't have one, in a pinch you can grind it down. Make sure the tip is coated with fresh solder for quickest heat transfer. Solder should be fairly fine type as well.
    Get on and off the chip as fast as possible. Allow chip to cool between soldering each pin, and stagger the order of the soldering so you aren't doing pins next to each other, which also helps prevent overheating.
    Ok, got U2 soldered in, pin 5(5vdc), and have channel switching all channels. Really appreciate the help. Now, still have low power and oscillation. Any thoughts on those issues? Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• The Dude
    replied
    Agree with all the above. I'll add: Use a good amount of flux. It helps keep you from soldering pins together.

Leave a comment:

• nosaj
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Enzo
    replied
    Look up "surface mount soldering" on google for starters.

Then a specific product: Chip Quik

Leave a comment:

Working...
X