Stupid customer tricks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid customer tricks

I just got a FB text and photos from a guy with two broken amps, a Crate and a Marshall. First question he asks me is do I have any idea what is wrong with them?

Come on now, really?
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Yes, one of them is a Crate. $60, please.
    --
    I build and repair guitar amps
    http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Comment

And the other is a MG Marshall.

Comment

Correct answer is ...bring it in for a diagnostic fee which will be applied to labor to find out. Or ask him if you can borrow his magick 8 ball.

nosaj
        soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

haha I'm an hvac contractor by trade and I get the same thing. My AC doesn't work, whattaya think it is?
          ~Semi-No0b Hobbyist~

Comment

"It's broke."
            Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Is the correct answer 'something' ?
              Flux capacitor?
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Tell them it’s definitely the power transformer.
                When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

If the diagnosis is remote, maybe the fixing can be too? "Send money and I'll try to heal the shorted resistor I'm feeling..."
                  An all remote work force is a growing trend right?

Comment

Send back photo's of two working units and charge for your time.
                    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Please tell us which SAC you choose Randall.....

nosaj
                      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
                        I just got a FB text and photos from a guy with two broken amps, a Crate and a Marshall. First question he asks me is do I have any idea what is wrong with them?

Come on now, really?
                        Make this a feature on your FarceBook page: Randall's Komedy Korner.

Put on a turban and open the secret envelope. "Karnak say, your Marshall has a clogged flutenary valve. Maybe two.

As for the Crate, everybody knows the quick fix for any Crate-peg, smack it with a 24 oz framing hammer a couple times." Recommended by a certain goo-roo we used to entertain here on MEF.
                        This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Working...
                        X