Randall RD-5 not happy..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sea Chief View Post
    (unless the mute position is the button in the out position, & the broken switch equates to this position, & pressing it -in- means unmute.. seems unlikely though).
    Definitely pushed in would cut the positive connection to the main speaker, muted. Pushed out would be unmute according to the schematic. You always could remove the switch and run some jumper wires to establish an unmute connection to be able to test the amp
    When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post

Definitely pushed in would cut the positive connection to the main speaker, muted. Pushed out would be unmute according to the schematic. You always could remove the switch and run some jumper wires to establish an unmute connection to be able to test the amp
      Hi Gonz..

yes I was thinking the same too: it must surely be in the pushed out position, as it is now. But there again with no sound at all from speaker, muted fits the bill as to a diagnosis as Jon suggests.

Yes I can remove the switch to be certain of an unmute situation. This seems sensible. As to the jumper wires- I just can't figure out from where to where looking at shroedinger's-6-legged-octopus, that being this switch on the schematic. Could you advise?

thanks, SC

Comment

To disable the switch; Remove the switch and connect one wire (as shown in red). Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 10.42.20.png
Views:	178
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	932935
        Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
        If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Snell View Post
          To disable the switch; Remove the switch and connect one wire (as shown in red). Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2021-05-26 at 10.42.20.png
Views:	178
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	932935
          Hi Jon. BINGO!! that was it haha.. it lives!!

And do you know what? it sounds absolutely bloody fantastic too! silly gain nonsense/ forget that turn put gain 3 to.. & it sounds like a dimed 5F1 Champ.

Remarkable (Jon Randall was with Leo Fender up until CBS thing 60's.. so not to be dismissed).

Thanks for all your help/ sticking with me. And Pixel- thanks alot too. SC

Comment

Thanks to all as well. I've learned a lot from this thread and "poking" around the schematic. It is interesting to see how some things in the schematic made more sense when you saw how it was implemented in the amp itself.

Comment

Working...
            X