Traynor YCV-40 No Reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ca7922303 View Post

Is there anything to the input jack causing no signal on u1, u2 pin7 along with other components in the return and send signal paths?
    You mean when the input ground is connected to chassis?
    It should be connected as I had mentioned in an earlier post. Otherwise you may get ghost readings that make you think the signal exists somewhere that it does not.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post

You mean when the input ground is connected to chassis?
      It should be connected as I had mentioned in an earlier post. Otherwise you may get ghost readings that make you think the signal exists somewhere that it does not.
      That is the case here. Nothing is panning out so I loosened the nut that holds the input jack to the chassis and everything has signal. When nut is tightened, signals are not there. Originally when I checked for signal if I remember correctly, I had the board out, which requires the input jack to be removed. I had signal at that point. Just wondering if there could be a ground issue somewhere causing signals to go away, or what I thought were signals. I guess I'll need to start over with checking for signal.

Comment

Any chance the wires to the input jack have gotten mixed? ie. a couple wires on the wrong terminals?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Is the amp other than the reverb still working?
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            Any chance the wires to the input jack have gotten mixed? ie. a couple wires on the wrong terminals?
            Wiring doesn't seem to have been disturbed.

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
              Everything else is good, just no reverb.

Comment

Originally posted by ca7922303 View Post

That is the case here. Nothing is panning out so I loosened the nut that holds the input jack to the chassis and everything has signal. When nut is tightened, signals are not there. Originally when I checked for signal if I remember correctly, I had the board out, which requires the input jack to be removed. I had signal at that point. Just wondering if there could be a ground issue somewhere causing signals to go away, or what I thought were signals. I guess I'll need to start over with checking for signal.
                Do you get reverb with input jack isolated from chassis?
                - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post

Do you get reverb with input jack isolated from chassis?
                  No, still get crashing noise, output cable hum when touched and all components in signal paths of send and return show a signal.

Comment

Input jack to chassis, lose most signals, definitely u1/u2 pin#7 lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by ca7922303 View Post
                      Input jack to chassis, lose most signals.
                      Only in the reverb path or also dry signal lost?

What happens if you swap the black and yellow wires either at the input jack or at the main board?

Where does the green wire from the input jack go?
                      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

• Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post

What happens if you swap the black and yellow wires either at the input jack or at the main board?

I'll try this evening when I get off work. Has dry signal with input jack tight on chassis. Haven't tried an instrument with input jack loose yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by g1 View Post
                          Can I not you to outline in red again the send components if that could be causing no reverb? I found R68/68 to be 59.2k ohms instead of the 120k speced.in the return circuit. Can R68/69 cause no reverb? Thanks for your help.

Comment

• Originally posted by ca7922303 View Post

Can I not you to outline in red again the send components if that could be causing no reverb? I found R68/68 to be 59.2k ohms instead of the 120k speced.in the return circuit. Can R68/69 cause no reverb? Thanks for your help.
                            Can I get*

Comment

Green wire goes to preamp out, green and black are connected on bottom of input jack board. Should I try swapping yellow with black wire? Appears to be a factory solder?

Comment

Checked with instrument plugged into input jack not touching chassis and there is normal output but there is a loud constant hum not affected by controls. Tightened input jack to chassis and hum goes away and there is a normal dry signal.

Comment

Working...
                                X