No announcement yet.

This guy did WHAT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry guys, it was the middle of the afternoon, and I was working in my garage in a safe neighborhood. So yeah, my front door was unlocked, and even cocked open a bit for some air, as it often is, and is right now. I choose not to live in fear. I don't lock my Jeep in my driveway either. It was burglarized for a few small things a couple of years ago, but my cameras got him, and now he is in prison for a while. And I got my stuff back.

This wasn't about a criminal invasion, this was about a harmless knucklehead with no clue, who invaded my space and pissed me off, and still probably has no idea about any of it.
    It's weird, because it WAS working fine.....

Comment

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
      That wouldn't be Carl Hiaasen would it?
      Nope. John Gierach. He writes books about fly fishing... And life lessons, observation, the poetry of understanding and basic philosophy. I really think his prose and style would be very accessible to everyone if he didn't pigeon hole the subject matter. Since I fly fish there's no leap for me to make.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post

"lasers" (and those are air quotes )
        Lasers is good! I always wanted a pair of Komodo Dragons chained up in the yard. Makes a really unmistakable statement.

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?

Comment

I have had that happen to me a few times....I'd say drop by after 7 PM or say before 12 noon and they will either be late or early and show up during meal time....then they want to stay for a half hour or more and talk about anything and everything....so I too had to rent a space...but covid helped to close that down...so now I do a few repairs here at the house again......and I specifically state that "I will be home for the next 30 to 40 minutes so come in now as I have to go out and will be out for a few hours....and I make them phone me when they park outside....so far so good....

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post

An author I like to read wrote about tourists in his area:
            "The same way an exterminator can make his living off cockroaches without loving them."
            Tourists?
            I live smack in the middle of a Tourist area, specifically chock full of multicoloured wood and corrugated tin tenement houses, famous here because first we are a HEAVY immigration Country and everybody lived around here on arrival, it being the cheapest accommodation available, but specially the birthplace of Tango.

So they are kept in good shape, doors open of course, and Tourist groups with a guide visit them.

But now and then an idiot noob guide sees my house and thinks it´s part of the show.

My doors are normally locked but now and then I am unloading sheet metal, wood, tolex rolls, or loading amps and cabinets into a truck, 40 meters away because they can´t park at my door (it´s a pedestrian/tourist street block) and of course leave doors wide open to get straight inside without fumbling,and now and then I find a small group of no clue Canadians or French or German or Japanese Tourists inside who find NO relation between stacked Industrial goods and Tango.

Oh well.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Regular photos of the street scene outside your place would be much appreciated
              My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

First free sample, mine is the grey house on the right, as you see tourists freely enter the shops at my left:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Calle_Caminito_in_La_Boca,_Buenos_Aires-4.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	238.6 KB
ID:	945395
                Attached Files
                Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Tired of fighting street sellers I rented space in front to known people, cheap,but with the mission of shooing away trespassers and abusers.
                  I´m typically working behind that window.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Calles Magallanes 02.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	131.8 KB
ID:	945399
                  Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

To end it, this is the other end of my block, leading straight to the old Buenos Aires river port.

Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

nice spot...Argentina was one of the places I had in mind if I decided to relocate....there are a couple more in South America but I think this place would be pretty safe and the cost of living would be a lot lower than where I am at present.....but that is wishful thinking for now......but you never know as I am getting sick and tired of the Canadian winters...

Comment

Originally posted by bsco View Post
                        .....but you never know as I am getting sick and tired of the Canadian winters...
                        Well you DO live where those winters are known to be as tough as it gets outside the Arctic circle, And you're only barely outside the arctic circle I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post

Well you DO live where those winters are known to be as tough as it gets outside the Arctic circle, And you're only barely outside the arctic circle I think.
                          hahahaha...... I am far, far away from the Arctic Circle my friend.........but as I get older apparently not far enough...

Comment

Originally posted by Randall View Post
                            Sorry guys, it was the middle of the afternoon, and I was working in my garage in a safe neighborhood. So yeah, my front door was unlocked, and even cocked open a bit for some air, as it often is, and is right now. I choose not to live in fear. I don't lock my Jeep in my driveway either. It was burglarized for a few small things a couple of years ago, but my cameras got him, and now he is in prison for a while. And I got my stuff back.

This wasn't about a criminal invasion, this was about a harmless knucklehead with no clue, who invaded my space and pissed me off, and still probably has no idea about any of it.
                            Wait til the next harmless knucklehead gets bit by your dog and then successfully sues you for a dangerous animal attack
                            ...hoping that doesn't happen, of course!
                            If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
                            If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
                            We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
                            MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

That person would have been turned into mincemeat by our dogs if the came in the house uninvited. Not to mention the crazy owner of the house if he had somehow gotten by the dogs. That is unacceptable and that person would quickly become an ex-customer.
                              --Jim

He's like a new set of strings... he just needs to be stretched a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by bsco View Post

hahahaha...... I am far, far away from the Arctic Circle my friend.........but as I get older apparently not far enough...
                                Ah. I do some reading and for the longest time (and I didn't know it was different now) the arctic circle was at 50* north of the equator. Now I see it's placed at 66* north of the equator. Ok. Well, good for you. Things are warming up

Comment

Working...
                                X