No announcement yet.

This guy did WHAT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As climate change ,melts the permafrost, the moose will all sink into the earth, and you will wind up with beach front property.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Well, 3:24 AM here, just back from the front door yelling at some Gen Z kids, 12-15 of them, who parked a car 3 meters away with one those obnoxious Boom Boom Tizz Tizz sound systems, playing the proper Boom Tizz "electronic/house music" .... LOUD.
      Opened all car doors, back door, even the engine hood to spread it better all around.

Not too amused at the crazy old guy, white hair on edge and in his undies yelling at them.

Sadly itīs more effective playing the crazy guy, with whom they can NOT argue, than the reasonable one giving them a lecture on neighbourhood good manners. Confirmed by experiment.

They are trained to argue figures of authority, first by permissive parents, then weak teachers, powerless Police, etc. so they feel comfortable with that, actually enjoy it, while "a madman" is a Force of Nature he he.

They moved 40 meters away, which is something, and dropped a few dB at the source.

Can still hear them if I try, but now itīs completely bearable.

Canīt call the Police because they have their hands tied and canīt even TALK to them.

Oh well.
      Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
        ... itīs more effective playing the crazy guy, with whom they can NOT argue, than the reasonable one giving them a lecture on neighbourhood good manners. Confirmed by experiment.
        If we still had sigs I'd tag this.

Another thing you could try would be to open up all your windows and crank up your own sound system. Blast some Jethro Tull or Jimi at them. That might wrench their cogs enough that they'd leave entirely pretty fast.

"Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
        You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck H View Post

If we still had sigs I'd tag this.
          The sigs never disappeared.
          You might need to change your settings.

- Own Opinions Only -

Comment

I do!!!!

Typically high energy Anna Popovic, full blast.

Or a selection of the darkest Black Sabbath

A friend of mine has a Medicine Lab/Factory, he canīt do the same because he lives in an appartment in a building, think downtown Manhattan, Chicago, Boston, London, and he canīt annoy neighbours even more, so he uses chemical weapons

In the 30s and 40s "chemical fire extinguisher grenades" were popular, specially in factories and large warehouses, not so much in home environments, basically a large bottle made out of very thin and fragile glass, think a large lightbulb, flame sealed and some nasty chemicals designed to put fires off.

You simply throw then at fire source or focus and they break, releasing contents.

He bought a dozen grenades and filled them with concentrated ammonia.
            Iīm talking Industrial strength, not Home type.

When street party becomes TOO noisy, he simply drops one in the middle of it.
            Instant street clearing, not to be repeated.

Until, say, a year later when new partyers who have no clue repeat the stunt.

Oh well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	shur-stop-kits.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	47.4 KB
ID:	945487

Outmoded, but still available, including elements to manufacture them.
            Last edited by J M Fahey; 11-20-2021, 03:29 PM.
            Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

I was next to a car at a traffic light once, and they had cranked something on their radio. SO I popped my cassette of the William Tell Overture into mine and cranked. They all looked at me weird.

If you want the whole thing, with all the old familiar bits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIMJ1yfR19Y&t=0s
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

In the 30s and 40s "chemical fire extinguisher grenades" were popular, specially in factories and large warehouses, not so much in home environments, basically a large bottle made out of very thin and fragile glass, think a large lightbulb, flame sealed and some nasty chemicals designed to put fires off.
                Carbon tetrachloride, or "carbon tet" as I recall, was in those glass bulb extinguishers. For crowd dispersal, I'm sure ammonia acts much better. Carbon tet, you might have to wait 2 or 3 or 4 decades for the rowdies to get cancer & expire the slow way.

I've also seen - and experienced - some home made chem crowd-clearing - involving an organic acid that smells like parmesan in low concentration, then completely vomitacious as more gets into the air. Might be the same stuff in popcorn. In very small concentrations it smells buttery, but that wears thin in short order. Butyric acid - the stuff of movie popcorn, and crowd control thru nausea.

This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Hell, just throw feta cheese. That smells like vomit.

Comment

Or just go full chimpanzee and throw,.. Well,.. You get the reference I'm sure.
                    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

sometimes you do have to fight fire with fire...give them fucking hell...

Comment

Well, 3:24 AM here, just back from the front door yelling at some Gen Z kids, 12-15 of them, who parked a car 3 meters away with one those obnoxious Boom Boom Tizz Tizz sound systems
                        Can we please open a new thread: "DIY focussed EMP for frying car stereos"
                        --
                        I build and repair guitar amps
                        http://amps.monkeymatic.com

Comment

Juan, I was in BA a handful of times, with the last being 1997. It was beautiful. Loved the Milenasa and the Luigi Bosco back then. People were very friendly and at the time, it was one to one US dollar to Argentinian dollar where you could pay with mixed currency. I've been to several cities up and down (Mendoza, Tartagal, Salta, Neuquen) Argentina as well as several other South American countries for work over the years. Many beautiful places to see. Thanks for posting your photos!

Comment

Originally posted by drewl View Post
                            Yeah, that's why people don't come to my house too.

Musicians are crazy/lazy/insane people.
                            Yep , Im always saying "they are flakey as hell " . Half are late and i get calls like " can you look at my amp tonight? or Can i bring my amp over , i need it for a gig next week"

Id say 30% of those are no call/ no shows ....

Comment

Originally posted by Valvehead View Post

Yep , Im always saying "they are flakey as hell " . Half are late and i get calls like " can you look at my amp tonight? or Can i bring my amp over , i need it for a gig next week"

Id say 30% of those are no call/ no shows ....
                              I used to get asked can you look at my amp, but i can't get it too you til thursday eve but i need it on friday. I used to say its monday can't you get it too me earlier !!. or i would wait in for them holding back on making my dinner to find no show

Comment

Originally posted by Arbutt View Post

I used to get asked can you look at my amp, but i can't get it too you til thursday eve but i need it on friday. I used to say its monday can't you get it too me earlier !!. or i would wait in for them holding back on making my dinner to find no show
                                I usually tell them drop it off.....and you are looking at a week before I can look at it for you so you will have to rent something especially if parts have to be ordered...if you can't do that then there is nothing I can do for you...or....charge for a rush job...at least double or triple the normal repair charge....either way that usually wakes them up....

Comment

Working...
                                X