Weber 5G15 Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post

Thanks, but I don't see a screen resistor in the schematic of post #1.
    Is your schematic different?
    In fact there is no screen grid resistor in the schematic. But I had already assumed one must have been used in Greg's build for the readings he posted. I checked the schematic immediately after seeing you question voltage on that pin
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post

Thanks, but I don't see a screen resistor in the schematic of post #1.
      Is your schematic different?
      I honestly don't remember exactly why I added it. I'm guessing I did it to lower the screen and plate voltage for the old 6K6 I have in there now.

Comment

Chuck, the dry signal is good, and yes, the pedal board has a preamp on it. So overdrive is a possibility. I initially thought all my voltages were too high, compared to expected.

Thanks Greg for posting your voltages. I wish Weber would have marked the schematic with point A and B voltages. Does the 6K6 in this circuit require the different OT?

Comment

Originally posted by johno9 View Post
          Does the 6K6 in this circuit require the different OT?
          I don't think so. I initially built mine with a Blackface style reverb driver, so it was wrong from the get-go. It worked it just wasn't optimal. I put in the correct transformer for using the 6K6. I think the standard 6V6 transformer that comes with the kit will be fine for a 6K6, you'll just want to re-work the bias for the 6K6.

Comment

Chuck, the dry signal is good, and yes, the pedal board has a preamp on it. So overdrive is a possibility.
            If you're running a hot (= significantly boosted) signal into a 6g15 input it likely will distort the wet output of the unit.

I initially thought all my voltages were too high, compared to expected.
            Well "too high" is relative. Typically higher voltages (within reason) will improve headroom, reducing distortion. But it could also be an indication that something is not within ideal operating conditions and that could cause distortions also. If the voltages are a little high and relative to each other it's probably fine. If only some voltages are high and others seemingly low you may have a problem.
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
            X