No announcement yet.

JBL EON 515XT No Power On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the voltage between the control points TP601 and TP603 with AC 120V mains supply?
    What is the voltage between UBULK and SMPSREF tires?
    All these measurements should be made between the indicated points, without touching the body of the device.​

Comment

When applying AC120V to the input, the module must be disconnected from the dynamic heads and without an input audio signal.
      In this case, you need to make sure that the internal voltage stabilizers work correctly.
      In order not to accidentally short-circuit the leads of the parts on the board with the probes of the tester during measurements, pre-solder additional wires with insulated terminals.​

Comment

Originally posted by x-pro View Post
        When applying AC120V to the input, the module must be disconnected from the dynamic heads and without an input audio signal.
        In this case, you need to make sure that the internal voltage stabilizers work correctly.
        In order not to accidentally short-circuit the leads of the parts on the board with the probes of the tester during measurements, pre-solder additional wires with insulated terminals.​
        Can you explain in more detail what you mean "module must be disconnected from dynamic heads".

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
          Is C645 being subjected to voltage higher than it's voltage rating?
          Am I good to go ahead and check voltage at TP601 and ground without replacing last C645 and using internal power, not an external power source? Any need to disconnect module from component board and no speakers/load connected?

Comment

What is the voltage between the control points TP601 and TP603 with AC 120V mains supply?
            What is the voltage between UBULK and SMPSREF tires?
            All these measurements should be made between the indicated points, without touching the body of the device.​
            Not sure what the "tires" in "UBULK and SMPSREF tires" means. Can you define "tires"

Comment

Originally posted by ca7922303 View Post

Can you explain in more detail what you mean "module must be disconnected from dynamic heads".
              Dynamic heads are probably speakers.. There is a language disconnect from Russian to English but for the most part not to hard to suss out.
              nosaj
              soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Not sure what the "tires" in "UBULK and SMPSREF tires" means. Can you define "tires"
                Tires maybe the voltage rails, not quite sure.
                nosaj
                soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Probably an error in Russian translation.
                  "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I think 'tires' is probably 'lines'.
                    Originally posted by Enzo
                    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Am I good to go ahead and check voltage at TP601 and ground without replacing last C645 and using internal power, not an external power source? Any need to disconnect module from component board and no speakers/load connected?
                      Yes just do it right away and then turn off. But check TP601 and TP603. We just want to know if the voltage on C645 is more or less than 63V. It goes between those 2 test points.
                      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Maybe x-pro (or someone with more SMPS experience than I) could explain the strange capacitor arrangement of C640,641,643, and 645. It seems to me the job should be able to be done with 2 capacitors.

Comment

Yes just do it right away and then turn off. But check TP601 and TP603. We just want to know if the voltage on C645 is more or less than 63V. It goes between those 2 test points.
                          Didn't change C645 again yet and I'm getting(0.8 mvdc) across TP601-TP603.

Comment

sorry, i'm translating by google

Originally posted by nosaj View Post

Dynamic heads are probably speakers.. There is a language disconnect from Russian to English but for the most part not to hard to suss out.
                            nosaj
                            "Tires maybe the voltage rails"

Yes.

Comment

Maybe x-pro (or someone with more SMPS experience than I) could explain the strange capacitor arrangement of C640,641,643, and 645. It seems to me the job should be able to be done with 2 capacitors.
                              I assume you are technically savvy.
                              In the cold part of the power supply, or in the secondary circuit, there are integral stabilizers and PWM converters with respect to the required voltages (+15V, -15V, +5V). They have a connection to the body of the device (Common). This is not grounding, which is available in the AC120V network, but sometimes GND-LIFT connects them in other devices.
                              Therefore, they are powered by capacitors C640, C641 with a midpoint on Common from a pulse transformer.
                              The output stage of a class D amplifier is powered by voltage without relying on a midpoint.
                              It receives a voltage of 56V from the capacitor C643, C645 (JBL PRX525). I now have a JBL PRX525 for repair. On TP601/TP603 +/- 28V relative to the module case.
                              Parallel connection of these capacitors is necessary to better combat interference from the switching power supply conversion (filtering).
                              A large capacitor value requires some consistent accumulation time for its functional operation. Thus, it does not filter high-frequency interference, parasitic emissions from the power supply well enough. Therefore, a capacitor with a lower rating is placed. It happens that three or four capacitors are installed. It is also permissible to use ceramic capacitors in units, fractions of microfarads.​
                              Another explanation for the parallelism of capacitors. Oxide-electrolytic aluminum capacitor of large denominations poorly absorb high-frequency component currents.
                              Last edited by x-pro; 10-28-2022, 02:19 PM.

Comment

It receives a voltage of 56V from the capacitor C643, C645 (JBL PRX525). I now have a JBL PRX525 for repair. On TP601/TP603 +/- 28V relative to the module case.
                                in EON515 in TP601 / 603 should be + -21V

Comment

Working...
                                X