No announcement yet.

Peavey Triumph PAG 60 repair questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gibson.... Go look at stock photos of the PAG. I do not believe a fan was standard equipment. My guess is that someone added the fan.

As for the popping .... If your amp is anything like the Triumph I worked on, check ALL of the ground connections. This includes screws that connect the chassis to the PC board. In my case, I spent hours looking for a persistent pop. I soldered just about everyone point, checked the molex connectors, check all the cables, etc. Be patient, move from left to right and use a magnifying glass to check from cracked solder joints. As for the reverb, leave it disconnected for now, until you resolve the other problems. By the way, what is the ID # on your reverb tank? Check to make sure it had the correct tank to begin with.
    It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

Thanks for the response. The tank is an Accutronics 71011114. When I turn of the reverb through the footswitch the amp behaves much better. I did take my time looking over the main board for cold joints. I reflowed about 100 joints. The majority of those were all of the potentiometers, I also hit the reverb and all the molex connectors. I also cleaned all of the connectors that goto each board. Those molex connectors are a real pain in the ass. I use a visor with three different magnification options and a decent bench light. I'll take it a back apart and take some more time going through the amp. I'll need to do so to remove the main board to replace the clean gain pot.

Comment

Just a quick photo so show what I did, practically on all PC boards. I scraped the traces to make sure I have proper solder flow from a pin to the trace. I did this on tube sockets (and I replaced three tube sockets) and the pins for the molex connectors. In this photo, you can see my work in progress. For the tube sockets, I wanted to make sure I had adequate connectivity on both sides of the socket pins.

It's a slow and arduous process - take your time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3802.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	2.27 MB
ID:	977759
        It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by gibson17 View Post
          The tank is an Accutronics 71011114.
          That is the correct part number for this amp. The generic part number would be 4EB2C1B.
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Working...
          X