Floating paraphase again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floating paraphase again

There is a clear issue using floating paraphase to drive heavy loads as the signals appears very unbalanced. Different output impedances counts. What is the best way to cure:1. a build out resistor or 2. to modify the feedback resistor value in plate follower, please? Thank you.
    "If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad. If it measures bad and sounds good, you are measuring the wrong things."

Are we talking valve or solid state?
    A schematic would help.
    Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
    If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Originally posted by catalin gramada View Post
      There is a clear issue using floating paraphase to drive heavy loads as the signals appears very unbalanced. Different output impedances counts.
      Any imbalance should be correctable at the divider from the output of the first stage to the input of the second stage. I don't understand why there should be different output impedances. Assuming we're talking about a tube circuit all the paraphase inverters I've seen use a shared cathode circuit and equal plate loads.

EDIT: I guess I'm confused. I don't know what exactly the "feedback resistor" at the "plate follower" would be. I'm thinking you're talking about the divider I mentioned above? I guess if there IS a feedback resistor the possibility of impedance imbalance does exist. As Jon said, a schematic will help.
      "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
      You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Here we go
        tube is a 6sn7. Measured voltage gain in actual circuit: 15.5.
        Attached Files
        "If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad. If it measures bad and sounds good, you are measuring the wrong things."

Comment

This design was tried and tested back in 1958. Doesn't perform badly from all accounts; Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 19.58.27.png Views:	0 Size:	728.4 KB ID:	991047

66 and 22uF are a bit exessive for coupling capacitors don't you think?
          Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
          If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Snell View Post
            This design was tried and tested back in 1958. Doesn't perform badly from all accounts; Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-21 at 19.58.27.png Views:	0 Size:	728.4 KB ID:	991047

66 and 22uF are a bit exessive for coupling capacitors don't you think?
            Thanks. There are 22nF and 66nF for outputs couplings (3x22 nF in parallel)

Comment

This is a s.c. "self-balancing" paraphase using NFB from plate to grid at the second triode.
              The NFB lowers the output impedance of the second triode.
              - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Working...
              X