No announcement yet.

Fender BDRI +16/-16 Supply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would use 0.1µ at least on input 2. Voltage rating can be low.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

I was having trouble figuring out a way to solve this without having to tell the owner to use input 2 to avoid the scratchy sound when manipulating guitar volume control and have to accept that the volume is lower due to the 68K/68K voltage divider. In case anyone is curious, the solution I came up with is put the 0.1uF cap between R1 and R2/R41 (as discussed above) and change R1 to 10K and R2 to 120K. This way the owner can use input 2 to avoid the scratchy sound and there is only a slight difference in volume compared to input 1. The input impedances for the 2 inputs remain pretty much the same.​

Comment

As mentioned earlier, the best solution would be using a coupling cap directly on each input jack, i.e. before any resistors. Means 2 caps.
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
          As mentioned earlier, the best solution would be using a coupling cap directly on each input jack, i.e. before any resistors. Means 2 caps.
          Unfortunately that wasn't clear.

Comment

Well this is weird. So I went and wired it up as I described. I used a bit of heat shrink and when I went to shrink it of course that area got heated up somewhat. There was some smoke which I assumed was just residue from the flux I had used. But now the DC on the grid is completely gone! No more scratchy sound, even on input 1! Maybe I should have followed up with xtians suggestion before going the route I did. Anyway, it was a learning opportunity either way.

Comment

Originally posted by bobloblaws View Post

Unfortunately that wasn't clear.
              What's not to understand with post #36?
              If not clear, why not ask?
              Last edited by Helmholtz; 01-07-2024, 08:40 PM.
              - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post

What's not to understand with post #36?
                If not clear, why not ask?
                I did ask for clarification, post #38.

In any case, I mean it wasn't clear to me that you meant to say I should connect caps directly to the tips as opposed to input 1 and 2 in general as per the usage in other posts in the same discussion.

Misunderstandings happen. At the end of the day it was a good theory exercise for me. As always, I appreciate the help!

Comment

Working...
                X