1975 Peavey Deuce II low preamp supply voltage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1975 Peavey Deuce II low preamp supply voltage

I have a Peavey Deuce II on the bench. Preamp voltage after the 2k 5W dropping resistor is 10 volts not teh 28 volts called for on the schematic. After the next dropping resistor, 470 ohm, I have 0 volts.Both resistors are good. All electrolytics have been replaced, all transistors and FET's test good or have been replaced, driver and power amp work fine with signal injected at the master volume wiper. I've lifted every stage supply resistor one at a time with no change to the low voltage condition. Any suggestions?
    Peavey-Deuce-II-Festival-Schematic.pdf

Where the +60V is, what is the actual value?
    When replacing the power supply capacitor, you either soldered in a defective capacitor, put it in the wrong polarity, or shorted its leads with solder.

Comment

x-pro, I had 62 volts where the schematic called for 60. I knew something was pulling down my supply after the 2K resistor. I found a solder bridge between the preamp power supply trace and ground. VERY slight, almost a solder "hair". The amp owners Uncle had "messed around with it and soldered some stuff". NOT my solder bridge! The amp is working now. Reverb and trem not working but at least I can check voltages now. This solder bridge was so slight I'm surprised I noticed it with my bad eyes!
      Last edited by jvm; 02-13-2024, 10:04 PM.

Comment

OK, now the audio path is working, reverb was a cable issue, still don't have tremolo working. I can see the oscillator is working by the voltage fluctuation at the transistor collector and 6.8K resistor. No audible trem in the output though. Can anyone help me troubleshoot this tremolo circuit?
        Last edited by jvm; 02-14-2024, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X