Intensity pot w/ switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intensity pot w/ switch

Does anyone know who makes/sells a 50K reverse audio pot with a rotary switch suitable for switching on an optoisolator tremolo in a Fender (type) amp? I've found I need that little bit of extra gain.

Thanks,

Bob M.

reverse log is pretty rare, although a 100k linear pot with a parallel 100k resistor will give an approximation of a reverse log taper 50k pot (graph it to see!)

here is a linear 50k w/ switch
    50K Potentiometer with Switch SPST ON OFF: In Stock Buy Now | West Florida Components

Comment

Just replace the 50k rev audio pot with a 100k lin. That keeps the trem available all the time from the footswitch.
      When I used a switched 50k RA pot (from weber), I found that the 50k intensity pot makes the tone go weedy that I never wanted to switch it back in.
      I did some tests comparing the gain with a 50k load, 100k load, and the 440k load (of the 2 x 220k mixer resistors).
      I think that with reference to the stock 50k load, 100k gave a 2dB gain increase, 440k gave a 3dB increase.
      My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Originally posted by pdf64 View Post
        Just replace the 50k rev audio pot with a 100k lin.
        if so:
        100K Ohm Potentiometer with NO NC Switch

Comment

Thanks, guys, for the info and insight on how to get around the problem. I'll put it to good use.

Bob M.

Comment

Yep the 100k resistor needs to go between the 100k pot input and the pot wiper for antilog taper.
            Building a better world (one tube amp at a time)

"I have never had to invoke a formula to fight oscillation in a guitar amp."- Enzo

Comment

100k Pot and resistor seem to be working just fine!

Thanks!

Comment

Weber part # wp503RAS

I have one I got from Weber. It is their part # wp503RAS.

Comment

Working...
                X