No announcement yet.

Cryogenically treated vacuum tubes...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey popo, considering that was 5 months ago, and we got off onto buggy whips, I have to admit I am not sure what you are asking.

If you are asking about the getter and getter flash in tubes, yes it is real. Just google "tube getter".
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

• Assertion (from obviously qualified Ebay vendor of cryo treated tubes): "it changes the whole way the vacuum tube performs."

Testing: asses ANY of the possible electrical parameters of the tube and its performance in common circuits for any CONSISTENT change following cryo treatment.

NOT gonna happen

The companies often assert that it would be too expensive to actually test their claims, or simply quote subjective measurements, similar to how recent national TV ads for "high tech wrinkle cream" state that "women in a clinical study reported a significant effect" Thank god for the placebo effect!

When science education is in tiny compartments, scientific theory and facts can be readily chewed up and used to decorate (or dignify) various marketing claims. the only thing that saves you is learning and applying the scientific METHOD. I know next to nothing about metallurgy or making tubes but I know how to apply the scientific method to address claims about these mysterious processes. Thats what everybody needs; the scientific method!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flammarion.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.92 MB
ID:	832974

if it ain't testable (AND tested) its BS!
      Last edited by tedmich; 04-05-2014, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X