BF Princeton - aa964 / aa1164

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bluemonk:

It seems like a lot of people mod the non reverb princeton to a long tail PI to pick up some much needed gain in the circuit. Basically a single channel BF deluxe. You can use a 12AT7 or AX7 in the PI to change gain. Good luck on your build.

Comment

Ok thanks for the infos, ill buy the 40/20/20/20 caps and the clamp, i'm now at the point for the other caps, i found mallory 150 series, looks cheap... some of you guys have tried it ?

Comment

Originally posted by spiky1987 View Post
        Ok thanks for the infos, ill buy the 40/20/20/20 caps and the clamp, i'm now at the point for the other caps, i found mallory 150 series, looks cheap... some of you guys have tried it ?
        Spiky - are you in the U.S.? If so, your best bet is to buy from a supplier who specialized in tube amp components. You can always count on Hoffman Amps to have the right part(s) at a decent price. Antique Electriconic Supply has a bigger selection of components but not as focused on tube amps. Mojo Musical Supply has great cabs and carries some parts the others don't, but I'm not a fan of some of the booteek-style components they carry. Between those three you can find just about anything you need.

Hoffman Amplifiers, Tube amplifier parts, tube amps, tubes

Antique Electronic Supply

Mojo Musical Supply Vintage Musical Supply Parts for Amplifiers & Guitars

For film caps, 400 volt Mallory 150s are fine IMHO (630 volts work as well - they're just a bit bigger). Orange Drop 715 (polypropelene) caps are popular, especially for Fender builds. Xicon polypropelene caps are cheaper and smaller than Orange Drops. There are LOTs of opinions about capacitors and their effects on tone.

One thing I learned the hard way is that sourcing parts from more than 2-3 suppliers starts driving your shipping costs way up.

Hope this helps,

Chip

Comment

Hey ! Thanks a lot again for the quick answer ! I'm located near Montreal, Canada. I don't think there's tube supplier here hehe so i'm buying my stuff on the internet , angela electronics or bgmicro ... i found

Watts Tube Audio ~ Tube Guitar Amp Parts
          to buy my caps, i have almost all my stuff to start building my amp, the only thing i need now are the tubes and something to to the decal on the front when i'll finish building the hardware

Comment

Working...
          X