valve jr to champ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• valve jr to champ

I am using an epiphone valve jr chasis, cab, and speaker for a point to point copy of an 5f1 tweed champ. I was planning on using the valve jr OT for the champ. I am new at this and not sure if it would work properly. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Yep, it should work fine

Comment

trying looking over on sewatt.com for more on this type of thing - it's dedicated to all things SE and Epi VJ conversions are quite commonplace.

the 5k OT in the EVJ will be fine with 6V6s, many people have used them this way.
      HTH - Heavier Than Hell

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'll give it a shot.

Comment

Best thing about the valve jr is that good looking cab and chassis.
          [URL="http://www.TubeAmpHeads.com"]Tube Amp Heads[/URL]

Comment

I just finished one of these builds but with beefed up trannys and using a 6l6. WOW... I built one as a 6v6 And this one is quite a bit louder.

Wish I could find a couple more Valve Jr heads or combos that were 'blown' that I could completely re do..

Comment

Originally posted by teletwanger48 View Post
              I just finished one of these builds but with beefed up trannys and using a 6l6. WOW... I built one as a 6v6 And this one is quite a bit louder.

Wish I could find a couple more Valve Jr heads or combos that were 'blown' that I could completely re do..
              Turretboards.com has some very nice EVJ boards with an octal socket already installed. I can vouch for the quality, and the price is spot-on.

Comment

Working...
              X