Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Physics of the Electric Guitar (Vol 1)" translation into English is complete.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Physics of the Electric Guitar (Vol 1)" translation into English is complete.

This is a great development and an awesome resource. PDF is available for download here:

Physics of the Electric Guitar (Vol 1)

One of the things I was not expecting, is that Zollner is pretty funny. Shame on me for presuming German physicists wouldn't be known for their sense of humor.
    Last edited by tboy; 01-08-2021, 07:53 PM. Reason: fixed broken bbcode
    If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Originally posted by SoulFetish View Post

One of the things I was not expecting, is that Zollner is pretty funny. Shame on me for presuming German physicists wouldn't be known for their sense of humor.
    Do I hear a little bias?

I met and worked with a lot of German (as well as some American) physicists. Some were funny, some were not.

But if it helps: Zollner is not a physicist.
    Last edited by tboy; 01-08-2021, 07:54 PM. Reason: fixed broken bbcode in quote
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post

Do I hear a little bias?
      I kid of course. But if I had any previous bias against Germany(Germans), they were certainly dispelled when I had the opportunity to visit Munich some years back. It just happened that it was during the opening of the World Cup when Munich was hosting. It was amazing, and honestly, I thought the food was fantastic. Totally underrated, IMO.

But if it helps: Zollner is not a physicist.
      I stand corrected. What is his field of expertise?
      Regardless, I've become a big fan.
      If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

I stand corrected. What is his field of expertise?
        He studied and later taught electro-acoustics as a professor at the universities of Munich and Regensburg.
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Did anyone put all these pdf files into 1?

Comment

Originally posted by mozz View Post
            Did anyone put all these pdf files into 1?
            I did.

Comment

He studied and later taught electro-acoustics as a professor at the universities of Munich and Regensburg.
              so, he is not an expert in the subject?
              Jack Briggs

sigpic
              www.briggsguitars.com

forum.briggsguitars.com

Comment

Originally posted by jack briggs View Post

so, he is not an expert in the subject?
                Strange question.

Electro-acoustics comprises electrical engineering and acoustics. And he is an acknowledged expert in that subject or rather in both sub-subjects.

Amplified music is all electro-acoustics from the vibrating string to sound.
                - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Wow, wow and one more time, wow.

What an extraordinary, in depth body of work. I can only guess at the years of effort that went into creating this. Thanks Prof Z and also to the translators. You have done us all a great service.

Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

I did.
                    How did you do that? I hate to seem like an ingrate, but the 'pdf per section' arrangement is somewhat inconvenient, akin to having to make a separate order for each mouthful of a feast
                    Last edited by pdf64; 01-10-2021, 04:49 PM.
                    My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

10.10.3 Headroom charts poteg-10-10-3-headroom-chart
                      Wow.
                      Illustrates the different CF circuits used over the years.
                      I was really impressed with his punt on the actual harmonic differences in preamp tubes.
                      He does have a way with words.

Comment

I hope at least some who can afford it actually buy the book. Zollner and the GITEC crew deserve it. I did.
                        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

I hope at least some who can afford it actually buy the book. Zollner and the GITEC crew deserve it. I did.
                          It would have to be in English for me. I struggled to learn what little German I knew long ago.
                          Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

Originally posted by nickb View Post

It would have to be in English for me.
                            Sure, I assumed the English version of the book would be available now the translation is completed. Did you inquire?
                            If not yet, I'm sure it will be published soon.
                            The whole effort of translating makes much more sense with an English edition of the book in mind.
                            - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by pdf64 View Post
                              How did you do that? I hate to seem like an ingrate, but the 'pdf per section' arrangement is somewhat inconvenient, akin to having to make a separate order for each mouthful of a feast
                              http://www.echoesofmars.com/zollner/idr/?page=1
                              It's All Over Now

Comment

Working...
                              X