Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Physics of the Electric Guitar (Vol 1)" translation into English is complete.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have only skimmed it, but the scope is awesome... terms like "seminal reference" come to mind.
    “If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters.”
    -Alan K. Simpson, U.S. Senator, Wyoming, 1979-97

Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

https://sites.google.com/site/stringsandfrets/

Comment

There is a english version which can be ordered as print please ? Didn't found it...
      Last edited by catalin gramada; 01-10-2021, 08:48 PM.
      "If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad. If it measures bad and sounds good, you are measuring the wrong things."

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
        I hope at least some who can afford it actually buy the book. Zollner and the GITEC crew deserve it. I did.
        If an English translation exists in print. I will definitely buy it
        If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

You can find the complete PDF including all forwards and the front/back cover here:

"Physics of the Electric Guitar" - Manfred Zollner
          If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Have any of you enquired whether, or when, an English translation book will be made available?
            I couldn't find any indication on the website.
            I will buy a copy when/if it goes into print.
            A work with this depth of knowledge and info deserves to be supported by buying the book; I wish I could remember the German I learned in school.

Comment

Hi everybody, my name is Tilmann – I am completely new to the Music Electronics forum. I was made aware of it by a posting member who let me know that there were positive comments on Manfred Zollner's book "Physics of the Electric Guitar". This is god new to me because I am the one who did the bulk of the translation work (from German).

I have seen that there were some questions regarding the availability of a print version. At present there is no plan to have an actual paper print done. In fact, even the German language version is now sold out and Manfred does not intend to re-issue it. This is because the book is not carried by any publishing company so all financing and managing, and all storage and (in particular) the whole delivery logistics (packaging, posting) were done by Manfred himself. GITEC (https://gitec-forum.de & https://www.gitec-forum-eng.de) is just a very small non-profit organization without the capacity to manage book sales.

So, we shall see what the future brings. In any case: MANY THANKS for your interest and positive feedback!

By the way - if there are any specific questions that GITEC might be able to answer, do not hesitate to check out the english-language website I run for GITEC (https://www.gitec-forum-eng.de) and use the e-mail address shown under "contact". I will do my best to be of assistance and also to provide an interface to the board of GITEC. I will also check here from time to time, of course.

Best regards, take care & stay well,
              T.

Comment

Originally posted by Tilmann Z View Post
                Hi everybody, my name is Tilmann – I am completely new to the Music Electronics forum. I was made aware of it by a posting member who let me know that there were positive comments on Manfred Zollner's book "Physics of the Electric Guitar". This is god new to me because I am the one who did the bulk of the translation work (from German).

I have seen that there were some questions regarding the availability of a print version. At present there is no plan to have an actual paper print done. In fact, even the German language version is now sold out and Manfred does not intend to re-issue it. This is because the book is not carried by any publishing company so all financing and managing, and all storage and (in particular) the whole delivery logistics (packaging, posting) were done by Manfred himself. GITEC (https://gitec-forum.de & https://www.gitec-forum-eng.de) is just a very small non-profit organization without the capacity to manage book sales.

So, we shall see what the future brings. In any case: MANY THANKS for your interest and positive feedback!

By the way - if there are any specific questions that GITEC might be able to answer, do not hesitate to check out the english-language website I run for GITEC (https://www.gitec-forum-eng.de) and use the e-mail address shown under "contact". I will do my best to be of assistance and also to provide an interface to the board of GITEC. I will also check here from time to time, of course.

Best regards, take care & stay well,
                T.
                Tilmann, I wanted to personally extend my thanks and appreciation for all your hard work. Congratulations on the completion of translating this book. Translators often go underappreciated in the process of archiving and exchanging information, yet the task holds such great responsibility. So I, as an English speaker, want to thank you that I now can enjoy and learn more about a subject I am so passionate about.

Comment

Thank you - your note is a very kind one and I very much appreciate it. I would also appreciate any feedback regarding any systematic linguistical issues you (and other readers) might detect when going through the text. This translation was not only a special challenge in terms of the sheer volume of material but also in view of the fact that while I have lived in the US for some extended periods of my life, I am not a native English/American speaker per se. I intend to do more translations in the framework of GITEC and would like to do this as well as possible – feedback about any deficiencies in the work already done would be conducive to improvements!

Comment

Thank you Tilman Z for the hard work.
                    What brief reading I have done,I must say some of the things made me chuckle.
                    So, yeah.
                    I think you did a fine job.
                    Of coarse you had excellent material to work with.

Comment

Working...
                    X