Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eschertron View Post

Yes. Look up envelope followers.
    haha! so I just looked it up, and turns out my developing idea had already been well a established thing. Good to know I was on the right track anyway...
    Okay, so, I'll have to do some more reading and probably some experimentation to figure out some good ways of creating an envelope filter for this.
    One of the things I'm curious about is whether I'll get the best results from using signal voltage taken directly at the input, right after the first gain stage, or in a later stage in the preamp.

uneumann, I was asking my boss about those LM13700 or the old CA3080, and I think we actually have some stock of both of those in the shop
    If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

A lot of DIY circuits with the venerable CA3080 were made available in electronotes (Bernie Hutchins) with many of my favorite designs by Craig Anderton. I took a couple electronic music courses in the early 80s just before MIDI became a thing - when analog synthesis was still alive - and built a few VCA/VCF-type circuits around the CA3080.
      I have a few chips in my stash. Let me know if you turn up empty-handed, I don't know if they are still available from Mouser, et. al.
      If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
      If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
      We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
      MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Working...
      X