No announcement yet.

Tremolux 5G9 w/ NFB loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have another way to explain what I am looking for. I had a tweed princeton with a switch for a NFB loop, without the NFB loop the amps warms up at about 1.5 and anything above 2 was dirt city. I also had a tweed deluxe, that was the first tweed amp I bought and I did not like it at all, and it did the same thing. The princeton with the NFB loop would stay clean to like 3 - maybe 4 on the dial and it was great, same amp and all things equal with the only difference the NFB loop. So basically I just want to make sure I don't buy an amp that just barely warms up and then half dial turn goes to dirt. I don't think the 5G9 would do that, I guess I am just a little nervous knowing it doesn't have a NFB loop and I don't know much about tube amps admittedly. I really like tweeds on the clean side and I am pretty sensitive to breakup I think, I guess I have that curse of liking the clean sound of amps known for their dirt. I have owned a couple other tweeds and liked them all. I really want a tweed with tremolo now. I had a bassman with a 2x12 combo setup and liked that alot as well. I've heard the 5G9 is similar to the bassman so my interest is peaked. I really liked the princeton as well so it is not essential for me to have a large amp. The princeton was in a 1x12 combo cab, I guess I should disclose that, had a pretty efficient speaker too and I know that makes a big difference in how loud the amp is. I am having trouble with the scratch to buy a custom made amp especially with the rising prices so may opt for a stock or used one. Thanks everyone

Comment

This video of a 5E9 Tremolux makes it sound quite tempting https://youtu.be/pXoRZnzgiEk
      My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

I always liked that clip, I have listened to it more times than I can count. I know it's not a 5G9 but gosh it sounds good.

Comment

Working...
        X