No announcement yet.

Reverb Tanks/types...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'I think it's safe to say some Rivera amps used the 3 spring tank but not all of them. And some may have went back and forth between the 2 types.'

I think this is probably closest to the truth. I have a Fender 75 but I can't remember what tank is in that amp; I'll check it out. What prompted me to ask is my Fender Rivera-era Concert (Concert II to some). This amp has a (very bad sounding) 2-spring tank in it. The Fender parts list literature says the the reverb tank part number for this amp is 064063. In situations like these, I sometimes sub in a 3-spring and then a 2-spring to see which I prefer. Usually, but not always, the 2-spring wins out but that could be not because it's a better reverb sound but because it's the usual expected reverb sound after so many years of Fender reverb indoctrination.

I think there's a misconception that when Leo was running things there were alot of variations and one-offs, etc to manufacturing and once CBS stepped in, everything got really codified and serial numbered and variations were out the window completely. Well, I guess it ain't so. I was down in Fullerton a few times in the 70s and 80s and it wasn't probably as loosey-goosey as in Leo's days but I saw quite alot of manufacturing improvisation first hand. They both had the same goal - get the product out of the door.
    Bob M.

Comment

Accutronics history:
      http://www.accutronicsreverb.com/mai...=sub03_01.html
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

I have a 1982 FPRii that I've owned since about 1986 when my buddy sold it to me. I just pulled the Accutronics tank. It has 018-454 ink stamped on it. Inside are 3 long springs.

Comment

Working...
        X