No announcement yet.

CCS explained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Dave. I just replaced R12 in the circuit to 12K to ensure 2mA current in my 12ax7 cathodes and it works. The rest of the circuit is identical. -50V well filtered, not regulated was used. I saw in other thread you taking about thermal stability. What about it ? Should I replace R10/C3 with a 24V zenner diode to ensure consistent voltage in to the base please ? Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230131_100222.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	977209
    Last edited by catalin gramada; 01-31-2023, 07:03 AM.
    "If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad. If it measures bad and sounds good, you are measuring the wrong things."

Comment

Originally posted by catalin gramada View Post
      Hey Dave. I just replaced R12 in the circuit to 12K to ensure 2mA current in my 12ax7 cathodes and it works. The rest of the circuit is identical. -50V well filtered, not regulated was used. I saw in other thread you taking about thermal stability. What about it ? Should I replace R10/C3 with a 24V zenner diode to ensure consistent voltage in to the base please ? Thanks.
      Sorry, I don't remember talking about thermal stability but I'm sure it will be fine as it is without the zener.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post

Sorry, I don't remember talking about thermal stability but I'm sure it will be fine as it is without the zener.
        It works fine, the outputs are perfect balanced. This is the circuit I did. Thanks for helping.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230201_002356.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	1.97 MB
ID:	977223
        Last edited by catalin gramada; 01-31-2023, 09:24 PM.
        "If it measures good and sounds bad, it is bad. If it measures bad and sounds good, you are measuring the wrong things."

Comment

Working...
        X