AB763 - Twin Reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leo_Gnardo View Post
    What Jazz P Bass said ^^^. DO inspect that V3 socket carefully, make sure there's no charred arc debris, miswiring, etc or you may smoke the replacement parts. 50V cap is perfectly good. Personally I like to leave out the bypass cap, then the reverb signal isn't smacking the tank quite as hard. I like to back off from the full surf reverb Fender designed in, but that's me. Easy enough to try it with or without & decide which you like better. I've seen values for the cathode resistor vary from 470 to 2K2. Higher value, lower current thru the drive tube, this may help it last longer. But 8.6K looks way out of line, it's not even a standard resistor value. Mind you it wouldn't stop the circuit from working but gotta think "where'd they get that?"

I use all the scales on an ohm meter when working on tube amps. Sometimes you have to measure 47 or 100 ohms, other times a meg ohm or more. Don't be lazy, turn the switch.
    Hahahahaha........you guys are awesome! Thanks for caring.

Ordering my parts today from Hoffman.....he is closer and I dig the Pisgah area.....anything near Asheville is good times.

Comment

Working...
    X