Anyone seen one of these? What is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
    The rectifier is 35v, not 5v. Still doesn;t add up.
    Sort of
    35+50+12 adds up to 97V, close enough, and a not too large wirewound resistor drops the remaining 13V (these things come from the "nominal 110V" era)
    Something I saw now and then was to put a 12V pilot lamp in series to drop those extra volts but bypassed by a resistor, because lamp did not use 150mA (like filaments did) , rather some 40 to 60 mA.
    No big deal.

EDIT: classic tube complement in simple amplifiers was: 35W4 , 50C5 (might also be 50L6) , 12AV6
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Juan, post #3, he says there are TWO 50L6s. SO you have to add in that extra 50v somewhere.

35W4 and 50C5 are the classic small tubes, the 50L6 and 35Z5 are classic octal.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Did it have an input labeled “Mike” ? This one does

Comment

I saw that initially and thought it quite funny/odd that they actually screen printed "MIKE" instead of "MIC".
          Or, maybe the amp was made only for guys named Mike.

Edit: If you pull the chassis, you might be lucky enough to find information inside. Sometimes, manufacturers would sign their name or have a sticker inside.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

My amp repair guy and I looked everywhere when he opened it up. Nothing in there to help identify it.

Comment

My first guess is Danelectro, second guess is Univox (japan). The big speaker code look like 274 maybe RCA? Tweeter speaker code is 433 Cleveland.

Comment

Ok, so no one here knows what it is, any guesses on what it’s worth?

Comment

Originally posted by LarryJohn View Post
                  Ok, so no one here knows what it is, any guesses on what it’s worth?
                  It is worth exactly as much as other old tube amps without provenance. Maybe $40 to $100 bucks depending on the sucker.
                  "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
                  You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
                  X