Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega-Maggie Mods? Magnatone MP-4 from 1965-1967

Any one know any info on “Mega-Maggie?”
    There’s really not even much on these amps. (A fuzzy schematic for the mp-2.. anyone got full res?)
    I was told the first two are cathode bypass switches. Kicking em on increases the gain for each channel individually and in channel one sets a real nice tone. I’m not entirely sure what the switch all the way to the right does, increases gain but acts on both channels. I haven’t opened it up yet, should be easy to tell as everything here is p2p but just for the life of my research, couldn’t find anything on mega-Maggie. And since this amp is from 65-67 there’s a whole lot of hands that could have seen it since.

Also, any additional info on this amp would be cool if anyone knows.

(I know I really should open it up and it would answer my “what is the switch doing” question... but also kinda curious, what if mega Maggie is someone in here?)

Thanks,
    Trip

http://www.magnatoneamps.com/schemat...gnatone_M4.jpg

https://el34world.com/Forum/index.php?topic=17097.0

Comment

I think the M4 and the MP4 are very different amps.

Comment

I have an MP-4, does not seem to have anything in common with the M-4 unfortunately, very different

Comment

Hey, I ran across this thread while looking for another Magnatone model. I know a guy that knows a guy type thing - lol - anyways, here's a schematic for the mega maggie that should be real close if it's the same amp - looks like the same amp from the picture. Hope this helps, man. Have a good one...

Hopefully I uploaded the pdf correctly, so you can see it...

The Mega Maggie (adjustable bias) (share).pdf
          Attached Files

Comment

Cool!

Comment

I just picked up an mp-4. Mine is torrance, CA so i assume an earlier model. A site i found says they introduced the pro series line in 1966, but then states estey moved to PA in 1965. Hmm. Also, mine has two holes drilled in it in a similar spot to the ones in yours!! Someone "went through" mine and made it more "guitar friendly" according to guy i got it from. I wish they would have left it alone. However it looks pretty original. I need a front panel/grillcloth assy which im sure will be next to imposibble to find, as well as a few correct control knobs. Let me know if you have any resources.

Comment

Working...
              X