Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Rivera amps - reverb tank

Hi,
    Did the Fender Rivera amps, made in the early eighties, use a 2-spring or 3-spring reverb tank, as manufactured and shipped by Fender in the combo amps that had the reverb effect? So many used amps have replacement parts (like reverb tanks) so I wonder what was the correct reverb tank when the amp was brand new?
    Thanks for your comments,
    Bob M.

I hope this question is appropriately posted in Vintage Amps; I didn't really know where else to post it. I guess a 40 year old amp might qualify as vintage.

Hi Bob...

I think the best way to answer that is to look at individual schematics. For example....

Fender Deluxe Reverb II

Look at the Parts List - Reverb Pan 064063

Now Look for that pan - Reverb Pan 064063

It looks like the equivalent model is the 4AB3C1B.
    It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

Thanks, Tom,
      Of course you're right. I was wondering if Fender ever shipped any of these amps with a 3-spring tank as a stock part.

Comment

Some Fender Rivera amps definitely were OEM equipped with 3-string (6-spring) tanks, e.g. the Concert I had for a while in the eary 80s.
        When we got those amps in the shop, a few customers ordered 3-string replacement tanks for their older amps.

Personally I prefer the 2-string, 4-spring tanks.

- Own Opinions Only -

Comment

We did run through this recently: https://music-electronics-forum.com/...rb-tanks-types
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Same OP - strange.

Maybe it doesn't matter but of course all amps we see here are export models.
            There's a slight chance that the European importer specified the 6-spring option.
            Last edited by Helmholtz; 10-03-2022, 06:58 PM.
            - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

My 1982 FPRii has an Accutronics tank, with 018-454 ink stamped on it. Inside are 3 long springs.

Comment

Working...
              X