No announcement yet.

Found something hiding in my new amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like a "T" shaped CLC high pass filter.
    So the positive output would be the lower left lug.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

So it should be wired up like this then?

Click image for larger version

Name:	xoverWiring2.png
Views:	147
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	965585
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

I would think so, but can't know if the horns were wired in parallel or series.
        No risk trying both ways.
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

I am just waiting to install main filter caps when they arrive. Then I will get to test it out further, thanks.
          When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

There are a couple of options without knowing crossover impedance. I circled the crossover output in the modified drawings. The first option would be to parallel the horns. The second would be to series wire them. You may be able to tell how they were wired if there is a jumper inside of the cabinet. If not, I'd try both and see which sounds the best. The series option will give you slightly less high freuquency. A crossover has a specified output impedance, but IMO it's not as critical as getting the amount of sound you want out of the tweeters.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Parallel.png Views:	0 Size:	53.2 KB ID:	965620
            Click image for larger version  Name:	Series.png Views:	0 Size:	52.9 KB ID:	965621
            Edit: Sorry, missed all the updates while I was drawing pictures.

"I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Measure and post each horn DCR, brand, model, and if possible a picture showing back sticker or any useful label.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
              X