MXR Phase 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MXR Phase 100

I have an MXR Phase 100 that I've been working on. It came to me completely broken, but I got the phase effect to work. The problem is it is distorted. I have done the diode check on all the transistors and checked voltage on all the op amps, and nothing comes out abnormal. Could anybody offer some advice as to what I might look for next?

Under what circumstances is it distorted, and could you perhaps describe the nature of the distortion a bit more?

Note that since the P100 uses optoisolators instead of FETs like the P90, there should be no distortion resulting from things like misbiased FETs. As well, since it does not use JFET switching like a great many other commercial phasers, there should be no distortion from that source either.

Comment

It is distorted when the effect is on. The effect works but there is a buzzy distortion the whole time.

Comment

I've gone through and replaced all the opamps, transistors, and optos in this thing. The effect works but is still very distorted. The distortion is of a screechy sort. Sounds awful. What would I be looking for here?

Comment

Ok I got a schem and layout for this pedal on General Guitar Gadgets and they do not match. The schem shows that R53 is grounded but in fact the layout shows it is connected to the 9V supply Anyone know which is correct? I've filled out their contact form but no reply yet.
          Attached Files

Comment

Are you using a battery or a power supply? I have an old 70's Phase 100. There are several versions though. There are lots pf gut shots on Google Images.

Comment

hey i was over on diystomboxes.com w/ this one... forgot I posted here. I figured it out... after many days of pulling my hair out, it happened to be a tiny hair sized piece of teflon wire shorting something.

Comment

Working...
              X