No announcement yet.

DOD 670 Flanger - Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That does not really sound like the SAD would be the culprit. However, they are ridiculously expensive and there are a lot of counterfeit 'rare' chips out there. Did you get yours from a reputable source, and not cheap?
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Unfortunatly, There's no SAD512D chips for sale anywhere

Long Gone

Comment

Originally posted by ilcaccillo View Post
        Unfortunatly, There's no SAD512D chips for sale anywhere

Long Gone
        So the ones on ebay and Reverb are not for sale?
        Some of them may even be legit, certainly not cheap though.
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post

So the ones on ebay and Reverb are not for sale?
          Some of them may even be legit, certainly not cheap though.
          I don't know...
          are those real? or fakes?

such a scarcity brings the price really high, an high price is inviting for stamping a DIP8 chip with whatever is the scarcity model name.

Comment

Originally posted by ilcaccillo View Post

I don't know...
            are those real? or fakes?

such a scarcity brings the price really high, an high price is inviting for stamping a DIP8 chip with whatever is the scarcity model name.
            Yes that is true. And I would not trust any new ones coming from China. But the ones that claim they are used, and pulled from units that actually used those chips, may be legit.
            Somewhere there are people that have real ones, and will sell them if the price is right. Some of those ebay ones I think that is the case.

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post

Yes that is true. And I would not trust any new ones coming from China. But the ones that claim they are used, and pulled from units that actually used those chips, may be legit.
              Somewhere there are people that have real ones, and will sell them if the price is right. Some of those ebay ones I think that is the case.
              I understand maybe some of those are legit, but the price for the chip is so high that it's a risk. Anyway I think at least if you buy from ebay you should see the return policy so that if the chip you buy it's a dud you can return it and be refunded of your money.

I had one of these 670 units, it was not working all things pointed to the SAD512 chip, at the time I remember there weren't chips on ebay I ended up selling the unit for parts...

Comment

Working...
              X