Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zener diode replacement for W03C

Hi all,
    I've got a TS-9 Tube screamer. The zener diode, which I have to replace, in the power supply is part number W03C but it's listed as obsolete at most part houses. Is there a replacement or substitute for this diode. I think it's there so you cannot hook up an adaptor (wall wart) backwards to the circuit and damage the pedal. it's a 9 volt circuit, battery or wall adapter. Any recommendations are appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Bob M.

I think it may be just a regular rectifier diode (reverse biased)? Do you have the right schematic for your version that you could post?
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

The only zener is in the switching circuit (RD4.7EB). W03C is a standard 1A rectifier diode (used for wrong polarity protection at the power supply input).
      https://www.datasheets360.com/pdf/4885999905650181930

You can use a 1N400x (the x standing for 1...7).
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Here is the TS-9 schematic.
        Yeah, the W03C is just a reverse protection diode.

Attached Files

Comment

BTW, this "protection" diode is a very bad solution. While it mostly protects the unit's electronics against wrong supply polarity, it shorts the power supply and may kill it.
          A much better solution is to wire a Schottky diode in series with the positive supply input.
          Last edited by Helmholtz; 08-05-2020, 02:53 PM.
          - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Working...
          X