Glitchy Boss FRV-1 Fender Reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glitchy Boss FRV-1 Fender Reverb

Boss FRV-1, bypass works, effect signal works. However, when the effect is on, there is also a repeating, pulsing sound continuously. The sound is similar to the echo-y warble when a spring reverb is smacked. This happens always when engaged, with or without guitar signal. It's a very consistent sound also, where the time between them is routine. The tone of the effect does change with altering controls. Any ideas?

The only thing I can think of is to run through the factory test routines. The service notes show how, but there's no information on what to do if a problem is encountered with any of the tests.

Service notes here; https://music-electronics-forum.com/...equests/47441-

Comment

Yeah, I can't seem to pinpoint the issue. The almost metronome-like pulsing makes me worry it's a problem with the cpu of the pedal and not necessarily a component. I guess I'll pull things off to try and isolate the problem.

Comment

Check the 3.3v DC (marked on the schematic as D+3.3). Some processors continually reset if the voltage isn't just right as a form of protection.

Comment

3.222V

Comment

That doesn't look to be the problem. There are lots of test points marked on the schematic, but nothing referenced in the service notes. Maybe these are factory ATE points or something to do with firmware loading.

Comment

I might pull a random IC to see if I can get the problem isolated.

Comment

What kind of power supply are you using? Is the pedal in a daisy chain? I read somewhere that sometimes pedals especially oder digital ones can interfere.

Comment

Originally posted by Grrrg View Post
                  What kind of power supply are you using? Is the pedal in a daisy chain? I read somewhere that sometimes pedals especially oder digital ones can interfere.
                  Tried battery and proper isolated power supplies...definitely not a mains voltage issue.

Comment

Working...
                  X