Electro Harmonix POG V1 no effect signal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electro Harmonix POG V1 no effect signal

I hadn't used this pedal in awhile and I found my stock EHX power supply was putting out 24v instead of the 18v.

I'm using my Ciocks power supply putting out 18v DC and the Bypass works as does the LED. When the effect is engaged I'm getting no signal through.

EHX used to fix this for a reasonable fee but are no longer doing that so I'm hoping I can bring this awesome pedal back to life. Here are some gut shots. I did some voltage testing around U6 and got some voltage at the IC but hoping someone can offer some other troubleshooting suggestions for what to check voltage wise. I'm wondering if the failed PS blew something which is resulting in the issue.

Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00211.jpg Views:	8 Size:	3.25 MB ID:	979947 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00208.jpg Views:	6 Size:	3.28 MB ID:	979948 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00212.jpg Views:	6 Size:	3.56 MB ID:	979949 Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC00207.jpg Views:	7 Size:	4.01 MB ID:	979950
    Last edited by beedoola; 04-01-2023, 02:46 AM.

(edit: pics are showing now)
    Last edited by g1; 04-01-2023, 01:12 AM.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Unloaded power supplies will often read higher than expected voltage until you load them. That said, can you post a schematic?
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I think I fixed the image issue. Here is the schematic:

https://www.synthxl.com/wp-content/u...Schematics.pdf

Comment

Start with your power supplies (page 2 of schematic) and make sure they are there and clean. I see 12V and a couple of 3.3V supplies. and another 3.3V supply if you have more than one RAM chip installed.

Comment

All the voltages check on. Used the test points as well as testing the ICs in question. Looks like U5 isn’t part of the production build as I don’t see it on the board.

Comment

I'd try removing the microcontroller from it's socket, cleaning the socket pins and reinstalling. I've seen those socket pins cause problems in the past. Just be careful not to damage socket or pins. It's not difficult to break something. Also note chip orientation when reinstalling.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                I'd try removing the microcontroller from it's socket, cleaning the socket pins and reinstalling. I've seen those socket pins cause problems in the past. Just be careful not to damage socket or pins. It's not difficult to break something. Also note chip orientation when reinstalling.
                The Dude abides! That worked. I've owned many a Line DL-4 and often a chip reset has fixed issues and I didn't think to pull the chip. Pulled it - very carefully of course - and clean both the socket pis and IC pins with some Deoxit. It is working as it should.

Prior to that I was poking around and started to get something where the pedal would register a note but it was all garbled. And all the level controls, input and filter worked.

Much appreciated everyone.

Comment

Working...
                X