Original DL4 freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original DL4 freezing

I have an original DL4 that freezes up shortly after freshly being turned on. Usually cycling through the effects quickly will lock it up. Restarting the pedal will fix it and it might freeze again. After maybe a minute of being on, the pedal will function fine and won't freeze up anymore. I've checked all of the bigger caps and they're fine. This has to be a capacitor not charging up quick enough, right?

I asume the Line 6 DL4? If so, these have a known issue with the EPROM chip making poor connection in the socket. I'd try CAREFULLY removing the chip, clean socket pins with Deoxit or similar, and reinstalling the chip.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
      I asume the Line 6 DL4? If so, these have a known issue with the EPROM chip making poor connection in the socket. I'd try CAREFULLY removing the chip, clean socket pins with Deoxit or similar, and reinstalling the chip.
      Sorry, yes the L6. EPROM and socket have already been cleaned and tested fine.

Comment

Here's the schematic.

Delay - DL4 Stomp Box Modelers.pdf
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Lots of supply lines in there, they all need to be stable when cold. VL,VA,VD at U4; +/-5V from U15
          Originally posted by Enzo
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

All voltages are spot-on immediately at startup. I'm tempted to heat up ICs like the 56364 before powering up and see if the freezing issue still occurs. I'm not sure what it could be besides a hold-up in voltage or temperature.

Comment

Working...
            X