Ibanez AD-80 repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez AD-80 repair

I've been pulling my hair for some time on this vintage Ibanez AD-80. Originally it created the effect, but the effect would die off after maybe 30 seconds. When checking the voltage, something was shorted and pulling the voltage down. I managed to do something to fix the voltage draw (it was awhile back, may have been an IC pulling it, I don't recall), but the pedal wouldn't produce the effect. I put away for awhile until recently when I gave it another go. I have sockets on all of the ICs, so I've swapped those without a difference. I also have checked all the capacitors, several transistors, and other components. I recently got a scope so I tried that, and I don't seem to be getting any clock signals. The schematic online is for the board rev AD1001A and my pedal is an AD1001B, so things are not the same. Any ideas on a schematic or locations where the clock should be or originating would be great.

I don't have and couldn't find a schematic for the 'B' version. That said and if you can't find one, I'd start by identifying the clock generator and use its datasheet for reference. Maybe it's the MN3101?

https://www.experimentalistsanonymou...ets/MN3101.pdf
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Originally posted by The Dude View Post
      I don't have and couldn't find a schematic for the 'B' version. That said and if you can't find one, I'd start by identifying the clock generator and use its datasheet for reference. Maybe it's the MN3101?

https://www.experimentalistsanonymou...ets/MN3101.pdf
      The datasheet is definitely confusing me even more in relation to the AD-80 circuit. I'm getting nearly 12V on pins 1,4,&6, 0.8V on pin 8, and GND on pin 3. I read somewhere that the B version is similar to the AD-9 schematic. Tracing back some components, it does seem to be closer in some aspects. I'm not sure what creates the clock in that schematic either.

Comment

Working...
      X