Posts per Page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posts per Page?

Has anyone addressed the fact that I can't set the number of posts on a page? It won't save for me.
    Look, I'm a 30 posts a page guy
    Last edited by tboy; 07-12-2020, 07:58 AM.
    If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

I hadn't tried it til now, but you're right - it doesn't seem to be working. I've also noticed that the page increments I set for it in the Admin Panel aren't being used.
    -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Just wanted to find out it where we were on these bugs?
      If I have a 50% chance of guessing the right answer, I guess wrong 80% of the time.

Comment

Side issue: On the Repairs and Maintenance forum there are half a dozen or so Sticky threads. This reduces the number of active threads you can see. This wouldn't be so bad except when you go to page two and every other page below, the same Sticky threads take up half the page. Do the Sticky's have to appear on every page ?
        WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
        REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
          Do the Sticky's have to appear on every page?
          I'm having one of those "it figures" moments; It seems there was a setting for this in vBulletin 4, but vB5 doesn't have it!
          -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

I didn't understand what you mean

Comment

Wanted to give this a quick bump. I tried to set the default posts per page to 20 and 30 again today, but it still would not save the change.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulFetish View Post
                Wanted to give this a quick bump. I tried to set the default posts per page to 20 and 30 again today, but it still would not save the change.
                I tried it and got the same result. The change won't stick, it just goes back to 'use forum default'.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I don't want to beat this topic to death, but is there anything I can do to help come up with a fix for this?

Comment

I thought maybe something as simple as pressing the 'save changes' button; no luck for me either. On a lighter note, I did see there's 18 members on my ignore list, though
                    If it still won't get loud enough, it's probably broken. - Steve Conner
                    If the thing works, stop fixing it. - Enzo
                    We need more chaos in music, in art... I'm here to make it. - Justin Thomas
                    MANY things in human experience can be easily differentiated, yet *impossible* to express as a measurement. - Juan Fahey

Comment

Thanks for reminding me to take another look at this. I did some more head-scratching about it and a possible solution came to mind that hadn't occurred to me before. It seems to be working now.
                      -tb

Comment

Originally posted by tboy View Post
                        Thanks for reminding me to take another look at this. I did some more head-scratching about it and a possible solution came to mind that hadn't occurred to me before. It seems to be working now.
                        F*ckin-A, tboy! You Fix!
                        Excellent work. So, as no good dead should go unpunished, so I suppose now is as good a time as any to show a little love and support for the forum.

Comment

Yipee!
                          And the ‘most recent first’ setting works
                          My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Doh, the ‘most recent first’ option disables access to attachments
                            My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Working...
                            X