How do I upload a photo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I upload a photo

I can't figure out how to upload a photo. I select the image icon, browse to locate the file on my desktop but then can't upload it. If I click OK it says image source URL is missing. The option is set to retrieve remote file and reference locally, but the file won't upload. Tried 'sent it to the server' and the button is inactive. Any advice welcome.

Originally posted by Mick Bailey View Post
    I can't figure out how to upload a photo. I select the image icon, browse to locate the file on my desktop but then can't upload it. If I click OK it says image source URL is missing. The option is set to retrieve remote file and reference locally, but the file won't upload. Tried 'sent it to the server' and the button is inactive. Any advice welcome.
    Curious if I can succeed with that today. I too get hit with that URL is Missing message, which is very irritating.

I first had the option of selecting size, then, finding large was way too large, I removed it and selected medium, which seemed reasonable. Trying to close gave an upload error message. Tried again, now I'm getting the small one, with a boxed '1' in blue. and no longer given options as to size. This is an on-going mystery to me in piecing together posts, no longer having the ease of the previous software, in that regard.
    Last edited by nevetslab; 07-23-2020, 06:38 PM.
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	12ax7response.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	909795
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

The 'send it to the server' button worked for me above, then I had to ok the next screen ('image properties') where a filename had been entered into the URL box.

I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	AmpegSVT6146New.JPG Views:	0 Size:	1.10 MB ID:	909799
          Clicked upload to server, which took a little wait time. My option for "retrieve remote file and reference locally" was not checked. Like Nevetslab I too selected it to be medium insert setting and removed the fullsize.
          When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
            The 'send it to the server' button worked for me above, then I had to ok the next screen ('image properties') where a filename had been entered into the URL box.
            "Send it to the Server" button? I must be doing something wrong, like working at this moment on a XP machine with Mozilla Firefox and Google. All the buttons I find in the reply box are the Share Photos, Post Link, Upload Attachments, Toggle Advanced Editor and Add Smiles buttons.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Front View-2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	802.4 KB ID:	909823

Now trying to find how to add text below the image, having stumbled thru the Upload tab to get to Browse, Send to Server, and fight the image size, since the size function is grey'd out.

I can't seem to get text below images as we could do easily before. I suppose there's a way to do it,

Last edited by nevetslab; 07-23-2020, 09:11 PM.

Comment

When you click on the image icon in the toolbar, the pop-up box opens to the 'image info' tab. Click the 'upload' tab and you will get the 'browse' and 'send to server' buttons.

Comment

nevetslab , you have to 'toggle advanced editor' to get the toolbar where you will find the 'image' icon.

Comment

Text above image.

Click image for larger version

Name:	road-sign-361513_960_720.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	909830

Text below image.
                  -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Nevets,

You may want to look at the settings in your camera/Iphone and just choose a lower resolution so your file sizes are smaller- at least for web posts. You can always change it back if you want a hi-res photo for something.
                    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

image widget

Well,

After dozens of attempts I got this to work. Once. I haven't been able to repeat uploading a picture again. The time it was successful resulted in the system auto completing the image URL without me doing anything different, but now the buttons are dead again and I can't exit or cancel the dialog box without closing the browser - just stuck in a loop.

Comment

What browser are you using? Also what computer desktop operating system are you running? Have you tried this with different browsers?
                        When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

One computer is running Windows 7 with Firefox and my main machine runs Ubuntu 18.04.4 with Firefox 78.0.2. I'll install a different browser and retry.

Comment

I just posted a new thread on a Mesa Mark V with a pedal problem. I was able to load the photos, AFTER writing the text, and, while it was awkward, it did load similarly to the old software...just more steps involved. But, after I was finished loading the photos, and the preview looked normal, as I had intended, Saving it yielded an additional array of photos in a separate box below the last of the text. Wasn't there when I previewed it. I did this from work using the XP machine, Firefox 59.2

Comment

I got it to work again - doesn't appear to be affected by browser, though. I tried Opera as well as Firefox with the same results. When it does work I browse to the file, send it to the server and get a 'Working' message that auto-fills the URL. When it fails, I don't get the working message but it shows javascript:void (0). The problem seems to be that the server upload is intermittent.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X