# symbol glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• # symbol glitch

Just a note to everyone that there is currently a forum glitch which means you must put a space after the # sign if you use it. If you do not, it will convert it into a link to some other part of the forum.
    Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Cool!#!

Comment

SO is this a psyche test to see how many of us try it?

You are my Home Canadian.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Cool... I wonder what it all means?
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
          Cool... I wonder what it all means?
          It's sort of like keyboard shortcuts for Windows, but I don't really get the why or how of it all. Even when you put a space after # , when you type a couple letters it tries to suggest things with a dropdown list.
          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

predictive drop down lists ! That was (is) the future!

Click image for larger version

Name:	predictive.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	957665

Comment

#so how does### $$$ this work.
              Please show me a screenshot.
              Cause I get nothing?
              In this conversation, I don't know enough to ask a question???
              #
              T
              Code:
               big_teee

***Must be a WINDOZ Thing?
              "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
              Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                #so how does### $$$ this work.
                Please show me a screenshot.
                Cause I get nothing?
                In post # 3 above, Enzo will have typed # 1 with no space between. I will type # 2 below with no space.

Forum

Comment

I will post # 3 with no space.
                  Blogs
                  "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                  Terry

Comment

# Now I get it!
                    T
                    Terry

Comment

When do you type # and how did you figure that out?

[HASHTAG="t381"]what do i do?[/HASHTAG]

**weird
                      Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                        When do you type # and how did you figure that out?
                        If I am referring to previous posts in a thread, I will use the # sign (like I did in post # 8). So I did that (with no space) and the forum software changed it up to a link when posted.
                        When I hover over the link I see the address in my status bar. The address ends with a 'node' number that corresponds to the original number I typed.

Comment

Software glitch for sure.
                          The 'no space' is sending the program off into no man's land.

Comment

The problem seems to be getting worse, making it hard to read and understand some posts.
                            E.g. here: https://music-electronics-forum.com/...0bk#post959137
                            Not sure if it's restricted to the hash key only.

Can we exclude a malware infection?
                            - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
                              The problem seems to be getting worse, making it hard to read and understand some posts.
                              E.g. here: https://music-electronics-forum.com/...0bk#post959137
                              Not sure if it's restricted to the hash key only.

Can we exclude a malware infection?
                              The problem corresponded to a new hashtag feature that was introduced as part of a vbulletin software update.
                              The 2 words in the post you referred to are for #'s 1 and 2. If you hover your mouse over those words, do you see an address in your browser status bar? In firefox I see an address that ends with .node/1'. So I know the word 'home' corresponds to hashtag 1. For the word 'forum' the address ends with 'node/2' so I know he typed # followed by 2.
                              If you don't have a status bar showing you the address when you hover with mouse, I think you can right click on the highlighted word, 'copy link location' then paste it somewhere so you can see the address with the 'node' number.
                              Here is an example for # followed by 12. CSS Examples

Comment

Working...
                              X