No announcement yet.

Help locating Squier Affinity 5 way switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of the special switches can be configured differently, others are fixed configuration. (N N/M M M/B B) like the box switches and the standard 5 way strat switch. The depth is critical on the Squires.

Comment

I have never come across a switch being too big to fit in an affinity strat.

the only time i have hit that problem is with the bullet model.

hmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by axpro View Post
        I have never come across a switch being too big to fit in an affinity strat.

the only time i have hit that problem is with the bullet model.

hmmmmm
        What I find strange is the picture that was posted shows the non box style switch (1/2 circle type) and the Squire Affinity service data and the aftermarket pickguard assembly that was on it, use a box switch ( I never saw what was in the guitar originally) I don't know the depth of the switch in the picture. I also wondered why 2 styles of switches were used. My friend (who can play guitar) mentioned that the body was thinner on these models.

Comment

I have never ever customized it. I'm the first owner. Maybe the difference is - if it was crafted in China or the USA? Unfortunatelly mine is crafted in China

Comment

Originally posted by slimeMD View Post
            I have never ever customized it. I'm the first owner. Maybe the difference is - if it was crafted in China or the USA? Unfortunatelly mine is crafted in China
            What is the depth of your switch ?? To the tips of the lugs ?

Your solder lugs are standing straight as well.

Maybe a mini version of the standard strat switch ??

Comment

Working...
            X