pickup recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"If a vintage bell-like tone floats you boat go ahead and get the L90."

oh boy, does it ever! Still not 100% on which I'll get. Money is in hand now, so I'll pick one this week. Probably the 500's for the Ibanez, but I can see putting some 90's in something else. If I really love the pickups, I may get a set of 90's to try in another guitar. They are reasonably priced.
    In the future I invented time travel.

Comment

well, I ordered the 500's a few weeks ago. Waiting on them now.

I removed my earlier rant about how I was getting no response from Wilde pickups. I was pretty upset. Well, I am not afraid to admit when there is egg on my face. Their emails were going to my spam folder all of the sudden (despite the fact previous emails were getting thought just fine). Had I not logged into my yahoo account and actually checked the spam folder (which I NEVER do, something told me to do it tonight), I would have never ever known this. I checked there, and sure enough, I had a prompt reply from them.

I must say, I am glad I was wrong about not getting a reply. I got replies, all of them courteous, though she was probably wondering what was wrong with me!

I love technology and all, but sometimes it can really suck when it malfunctions!
      Last edited by cminor9; 08-14-2010, 01:55 AM.

Comment

So, I got the 500R and the 500XL installed in my Ibanez. It took me a good amount of time to figure out how to make this goofy switch do all the coil splitting I want, but man! I am blown away by these pickups. They really are as clear and musical sounding as the hype would lead one to believe! They do not color the sound at all or muddy it in any way, and yet they don't sound cold or sterile like active pickups do IMO. I'd like to thank Road2Never and David for the excellent recommendation and help figuring out where to order from. These pickups were worth the wait. I think the Epi dot with the burstbuckers I have been raving about is going to get a set of L-90's at some point in the not too distant future.

Comment

Nice to hear you're digging the L500's.

Comment

Just wanted to share some noodling on my L90 equipped *Pauloid. I played through a software amp sim set to "65 Deluxe" or "Dual Showman" mode, don't remember exactly which I used anymore...

touchngo.mp3 - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage Clean, middle position with neck PU down.

bridge noodling.mp3 - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage Overdriven bridge position.

Comment

Working...
            X