No announcement yet.

Super Glue for Guitars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terry, I use the gel type CA and generaly store it in the fridge between uses. I have never had an issue with it clogging, but this may have more to do with the gel characteristic because it is really controllable and doesn't bleed out the cap threads or flow all over the place. The gel helps to not have it run all over my bench and fingers and what I want just one drop on.

Comment

I purchase my CA from Bob Smith Industries. The bulk 16oz. bottles, as well as all unopened 2oz. bottles (which we refill), are all stored in the designated fridge. Again, you realize a 3yr. shelf life in this manner. Heat is a killer, and once CA starts to thicken on it's own, the adhesion properties suffer greatly, so fresh stuff is the key.
      John R. Frondelli
      dBm Pro Audio Services, New York, NY

"Mediocre is the new 'Good' "

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
        Jazz was referring to the Super Glue made by Gorilla.
        So I don't know if their super glue is like other super glues, compound wise.
        Like I said earlier, my issues have not been with the glue per say, more with the resealable container it comes in. The only one I've had good luck with being resealable is with loctite in the long neck bottle.
        I have used about 6 bottles or more of this Gorilla CA glue ,assembling pickups & guitar repair ,its not bad ,i always used the whole bottle without it turning to snot ,after time most thicker CA glue will get too thick gummy
        heres what i been using lately
        Adhesives
        but i can find the gorilla glue locally
        "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

I'm going to try the gorilla glue and some of the products listed on this thread.
          This is what I've had pretty good luck with.
          It has a pin built into the bottle cap.
          I keep it stood up and I've not had any trouble with this one.
          I would have trouble repairing old single coil pickups without it.
          BigT
          "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
          Terry

Comment

I use a lot of the thin stuff, and use disposable pipets. Couldn't work without it. I also keep extra-thick and medium around too, and the dark rubber stuff is groovy but doesn't seem to keep long. When my pipets clog, I cut the thin ends off to use for the thicker stuff, which I don't use as often. Also keeping a bottle of "kicker" handy is a given... I buy pipets from LMI (Luthiers Mercantile), and CA at the local hardwood supplier.
            Don't believe everything you think. Beware of Rottweiler. Search engines are free.

Comment

Working...
            X