• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please post how noiseless they really are and if sound is still "Fenderish"
    Thanks.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

another option is a long vga cable, and a usb extension for your keyboard and mouse.

vga doesn't particularly like long distances, but it'll do 20' with a slight loss in fidelity. dvi is actually slightly better up to around 30'.

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
        Please post how noiseless they really are and if sound is still "Fenderish"
        Thanks.
        I replaced 'em with DiMarzio's ... an Area 58 in the neck, an Area 67 in the middle and an Area 61 in the bridge. They are MUCH less noisy than my vintage single coils were ... that confounded computer hash is gone and I can set my stuff up without having to limit myself to settings that minimize the computer hash. Do they sound "Fenderish"? I'd say so ... a little quack in the neck/middle combination ... lots of quack in the middle/bridge combination ... and a twangy bridge only if ya want it. All pickup combinations are useable. I'm quite satisfied with 'em and I consider my noise problem solved. The only gripe I have is that for my tastes ... the pickup leads could be made of a bigger gauge wire.

KenB

Comment

Working...
        X