Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nosaj View Post
    here's a WAG for you.

Do the guitar have a current working humbucker? If so put the questionable one wired up where the working one is . If the questionable one works just fine then we know you have a wiring/or ground issue.

Based on the thread the measurement of 6.8k is middle of the road and should be ok. Which is why I suggest trying it in a position that is already working just to make sure is is ok so we can move on.

nosaj
    wow, am i dumb or are you? Obviously i do not have a working humbucker?
    If i wire my humbucker and it works than it works, no problem, i wouldn't start this topic in the first place. So you are not adressing the problem.

Comment

So put the connections for the humbucker where the single coil is. Rhetoric makes people less inclined to help you.

Good luck
      Nosaj
      soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

wow, am i dumb or are you? Obviously i do not have a working humbucker?
        That wasn't very nice. You owe him an apology.
        I think what Jason meant was 'do you have another Humbucker that you could install to test everything'. Check all of your wiring. Test your pickup selector switch as well. Take a reading across where the humbucker is wired to the switch, and where it's grounded to the potentiometer. Test in position 5 so nothing else is in the circuit. The reason it's louder in position 2 is because the middle pickup is working properly while the bridge is not.

Comment

Ask for help and then berate someone for trying to help you? WTF? If you don't want advice, just don't ask.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Wow
            "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

Yes, i'm sorry, i got agitated because i want my guitar to work properly sooo bad. Sorry nosaj.

Comment

Well lets pickup where you left off. Wire a single coil in the position of the humbucker to test that switch location. Pics might also show if you've got a cold solder joint.

nosaj
                soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                X