Wiring A Guitar in Stereo and It's a Gretsch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiring A Guitar in Stereo and It's a Gretsch

I have a Solidbody Gretsch Broadkaster that I am trying to wire in Stereo. if your not familier with the wiring scheme it is 2-3way toggles (one switches between pickups and one is a tone switch) Since there is a tone switch both pots on the guitar are volume controls, one for the neck pick-up one for the bridge pick-up. I have installed a Stereo jack and I would like to know if anyone knows how I could wire the bridge Pickup to the tip (Standard mono config) and wire the neck to the sleeve. I want the middle position to still be the combination of the two, I still want to maintain the seperate volume controls and I still want the tone switch (the other 3 way toggle) to still be the tone control. I know basic wiring but this one's got me stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    thanks
    Mike

Here's a schematic for a stereo Rickenbacker bass. http://www.rickenbacker.com/pdfs/19507.pdf

You can follow this for the general idea, just ignore the cap C3 between the treble pickup volume and the switch, and the mono switching jack J2.

Most of those pickup switches are actually two separate switches, and are tied together at the output of the switch. So you need to separate the two halves. The volume and tone controls are run separately.

You'll have to figure out what's going on with the tone switch. I could look at the schematic for you if I find one... I'll look for one later.

[EDIT] Oops.... I forgot the link for the schematic!]
    Last edited by David Schwab; 12-16-2007, 11:08 PM.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

And here's one for a 2-jack Gibson 335:
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks you guys

I really want to thank you for the tips. I stuck on trying to figure out figure out if I separated the center position of the toggle how i could get combined signal. This is a great foroum. The 3 way toggle/Tone switch has a position for off. the contact position is on one of the stripss and not the other. Besides that it has a couple of caps at the tone switch and a couple of resistors at the toggle. i have seen the pdf files on gretsches website. I may have it around here too
        Mike
        The Ugly Gretsch

Comment

Working...
        X