Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help to wire a left handed strat

Hi,
    i "ve got a left handed strat to assemble, and i wired badly the 5 way switch. Because when on the neck PU position i've got the bridge PU output and that's all (also the bridge PU on the Neck+middle). The middle and neck PU are not connected. I wonder if i put the switch in the correct direction. Could some one help me?
    The fact is i don't anderstand how a 5 way switch works...
    Many thanks

Originally posted by tepsamps View Post
    i"ve got a left handed strat to assemble, and i wired badly the 5 way switch. Because when on the neck PU position i've got the bridge PU output and that's all (also the bridge PU on the Neck+middle). The middle and neck PU are not connected. I wonder if i put the switch in the correct direction.
    You just have a few wires swapped over. Compare your wiring to the diagram below.
    It's an open switch. You can see how it works if you look carefully. In positions 1,3 and 5 the wiper connects to a single PU. In positions 2 and 4 the wiper connects two PUs together.

Click image for larger version  Name:	LH Strat.png Views:	0 Size:	57.8 KB ID:	909812

Comment

Fender has all kinds of diagrams, both right and left handed.
      If you want a vintage 62 wiring, you can get it here.
      https://p4.zdassets.com/hc/theme_ass...0120B_SISD.pdf
      All the rest of there strat diagrams are here.
      https://support.fender.com/hc/en-us/...rvice-Diagrams
      GL,
      T
      "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
      Terry

Comment

Originally posted by Dave H View Post

You just have a few wires swapped over. Compare your wiring to the diagram below.
        It's an open switch. You can see how it works if you look carefully. In positions 1,3 and 5 the wiper connects to a single PU. In positions 2 and 4 the wiper connects two PUs together.

Click image for larger version Name:	LH Strat.png Views:	0 Size:	57.8 KB ID:	909812

Many thanks, it works now. I still don't anderstand but it works. Great!

Comment

Working...
        X