Can anybody help me wiring my Dimarzio PAF 7 on a Ibanez K7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can anybody help me wiring my Dimarzio PAF 7 on a Ibanez K7

Hello, im new to wiring Pickups to a guitar.
    I have the wiring instruction for the Ibanez K7 from the Dimarzio Website and i did it that way, but i´m not having any sound coming out.

Can anybody help me please.
    Attached Files

With vol fully on, what resistance do measure between the terminals of the jack?
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

I don‘t have any components to measure a resistance. What do i need in order to check that out?

Comment

Originally posted by chile7 View Post
        I don‘t have any components to measure a resistance. What do i need in order to check that out?
        A DMM (digital multimeter).
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Is it dangerous to manipulate that without being an electrician? And what jack do you mean?

Comment

Is it dangerous to manipulate that without being an electrician? And what jack do you mean?
            I mean the jack in the guitar where your cable plugs in (your picture on the right).
            - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

@heimholtz ich denke wir können auch auf Deutsch schreiben. Danke für deine Hilfe erstmal.

Du möchtest sicherlich ausschließen, dass der Input Jack defekt ist. Diesen habe ich durch einen anderen ausgetauscht und es bleibt das Problem. Kein Sound

Comment

@heimholtz ich denke wir können auch auf Deutsch schreiben. Danke für deine Hilfe erstmal.

Du möchtest sicherlich ausschließen, dass der Input Jack defekt ist. Diesen habe ich durch einen anderen ausgetauscht und es bleibt das Problem. Kein Sound
                Hallo, ja, ich meine die Klinkenbuchse an der Gitarre. (Das ist ein Ausgang). Die Widerstandsmessung zwischen den Ausgangskontakten kann helfen, TA-Verdrahtungsprobleme zu identifitieren.

Let's switch back to English allowing others to follow and participate.
                - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Alright, now i have a DMM. Which settings should i have on the DMM and where should i put the pins of the DMM on the Guitar?

Comment

Alright, now i have a DMM. Which settings should i have on the DMM and where should i put the pins of the DMM on the Guitar?
                    Each of the meter pins should touch (only) one of the jack's contacts.
                    https://www.sciencebuddies.org/scien...ingamultimeter
                    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

The Pickups have Neck (6,91) and Bridge (6,71) resistance.
                      I think the Pickups are alright?

Comment

The Pickups have Neck (6,91) and Bridge (6,71) resistance.
                        I think the Pickups are alright?
                        If this means 6.91kOhm and 6.71kOhm measured at the jack, it looks ok.

Do you get 0 Ohms at the output with vol control at zer

Are you sure you soldered the correct 2 lugs of the jack?

Do you have a spare phone plug?
                        Last edited by Helmholtz; 09-06-2020, 09:59 PM.
                        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Between the ground of the jack and all conections i measure 5,95 kOhm. I also measured the hot(red) and green wire of the pickup to see if the Pickups are alright. This are Bridge 6,71 kOhm and Neck 6,91 kOhm. Still not getting any sound.
                          Last edited by chile7; 09-07-2020, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Between the ground of the jack and all conections i measure 5,95 kOhm.
                            Not clear how you measured. The jack has 3 solder lugs. One of them should not be connected. I meant to measure resistance between the 2 lugs where the shielded cable is soldered by touching these lugs with one of your meter tips each.

Still not getting any sound.
                            No wonder as we haven't changed anything yet. I suspect a wiring error. Please answer the rest of my questions. If you don't have an extra plug, insert a guitar cable and measure resistance between tip and sleeve of the plug at the other end.

What is the history of the guitar? What is factory original and what did you change?

Last edited by Helmholtz; 09-07-2020, 02:58 PM.
                            - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

You were right, it was wiring problem. In the K7 wiring plan it says, that the ground is soldered in the biggest part of the original k7 jack and the output on the middle one.

As the previous owner had some EMG´s on it, he also changed the Jack. And on this Jack it wasn´t the middle one for the output, it was the smallest one.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
                              X