Contact cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contact cleaner

I have just got another guitar, but the volume knob gives out scratchy intermittent noises when used.
    I think contact cleaner would solve the problem, but as I live in Scotland, UK, the don't want to spend a hefty delivery charge for Deoxit, which is sourced outside the UK.
    Is there any comparable contact cleaner sourced in the UK that would do the job?

For many years now I've used Kontakt PR. It lasts a long time so a small 60ml can is OK. I've found that if a pot doesn't respond to this then there's something more serious wrong with it. The treatment is also long lasting and the pot stays quiet. I used to find it in the UK but now mainly it seems to be Polish sellers, though a few months ago I did see it in the UK at £2.99 inc. delivery. I buy the larger cans in a box of 6 from TME in Poland as I use it every day for amp and guitar work.

Comment

Thanks Mick, I checked Ebay, and the price was £5.69, but unfortunately it's out of stock, so I guess i'll just have to either wait, or see if something else turns up. all the best, Kazik

Comment

You could try isopropyl alcohol.
        Just don't overdo it.

Comment

Working...
        X