Paper Tape

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spence View Post
    It's the photographic tape I was ordering.
    This reminded me of a discussion on the old forum about some photographic tape being conductive, which caused a loss of highs.

Have you noticed this problem?
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

"This reminded me of a discussion on the old forum about some photographic tape being conductive, which caused a loss of highs."

I believe that was it.....the ol memory ain't what it used to be.
      www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

permacell 743 aint it....

Sorry, I got some of that stuff, its pretty horrible stuff in my opinion, maybe you'll like it. Its dead matte just looks WRONG to me. Its not conductive though, and is sticky enough, I wrap packages with the stuff I got to use it up :-) Its crepe finish too, barf. I'd more use the black drafting tape than this stuff, like what SK sells....or used to sell....
        http://www.SDpickups.com
        Stephens Design Pickups

Comment

I second the package tape. Theres always use for WRONG tape

Comment

Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. appreciate the advice dave.

Anyone need any black tape for wrapping/packing presents for next year?
            www.guitarforcepickups.com

Comment

Originally posted by NightWinder View Post
              Yeah, the stew mac stuff is nice, but expensive for so little.
              Back on the old forum I posted the name of the manufacturer of Stew-Mac's tape. It's a Japanese company. I'd bet if we could find another distributor of this tape it would be a LOT less expensive.

Stew-Mac seems to love to buy things that are not guitar related, and then jack the prices up. At the very least you are paying for the convenience of it being repackaged in smaller sizes... look at the price they sell their magnet wire compared to buying it from a regular supplier.

They once had a fretting kit, in a tool box, that was more expensive than all the tools separately, and the tool box which was available from places like Harbor Freight.

The paper tape is made by Rinrei Tape, and the cloth tape is made by Teraoka Tape.

I never pursued looking for distributors, since I don't really need this stuff... but there has to be some somewhere other than Stew-Mac.
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
              www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Working...
              X