Homemade Bucker Slugs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
    Then there are the folks that want a high output pickup that thunders.
    Then they ask will I get that nice buttery warm PAF Tone.
    I say probably Not!
    Terry
    Because they have no clue what a PAF sounds like. Bright and spanky is what a PA sounds like. Not that dark "cartoon of a humbucker" tone.

Turn down the tone control and you will be all set.
    It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
    www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

I have been afflicted with corksniffers a lot lately too.

I had somebody last week who not only wanted to know exactly what my potting wax was made of and what vacuum pot I used to pot my pickups in, but also where I got my HB parts from and the actual chemical makeup of the coil wire I wind HB's with.

Then he also wanted a complete tour of my facility 'because Duncan allows tours'.

Finally I told him the bees know what the wax is made of, I didn't give tours because I didn't want anyone to fall in the potting tank, and "real HB's" were never potted anyway.

What do you do with somebody like this?

ken
      Last edited by ken; 11-01-2010, 01:33 AM.
      www.angeltone.com

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
        What do you do with somebody like this?
        First, you ask; "why do you want to know?" Then listen to his half-assed reason for thinking it matters. Then you say, "sorry, that's proprietary information."

I like to antagonize them by also pointing out that their information is wrong anyway.
        It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
        www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

I'm not using bee's wax anymore . i just sneak down to the dumpster behind the Liposuction Clinic
          That's where i get my "SPECIAL BLEND" . I think it gives you a very "FAT" tone...
          "UP here in the Canada we shoot things we don't understand"

Comment

I just had the feeling somehow that this caller wanted intel much more than he wanted to buy a pickup. I got tired of telling him the info was 'proprietary', and seriously he wasn't listening anyway. Each question he asked was more probing than the last one. By the time he was finished, I was starting to think I was on trial.

I'm not using bee's wax anymore . i just sneak down to the dumpster behind the Liposuction Clinic. That's where i get my "SPECIAL BLEND" . I think it gives you a very "FAT" tone...
            Copperheadroads, I *GOTTA* party with you sometime...
            I was toying with telling him I used earwax myself when he finally hung up.

ken
            www.angeltone.com

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
              Copperheadroads, I *GOTTA* party with you sometime...
              I was toying with telling him I used earwax myself when he finally hung up.

ken
              Any time Ken ... The next time Obama needs a favor & I'm in your neck of the woods, I will look you up

Craig

Comment

I found this link to sources of hobby metals.
                It has a pretty cheap source of 1018 cold roll by the foot.
                Online Metal Store | Small Quantity Metal Orders | Metal Cutting, Sales & Shipping | Buy Steel, Aluminum, Copper, Brass, Stainless | Metal Product Guides at OnlineMetals.com
                Terry
                "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                Terry

Comment

There teamed up with micro fasteners now ,That might be interesting ,But they state they don't combine with fastener orders
                  i have been looking at there site for quite a while to buy some nickel for baseplates & they are pretty cheap compared to sources i could find. but the shipping kills me up here ,I just need to order in bulk to save
                  Last edited by copperheadroads; 11-14-2010, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Copperheadroads,
                    There must be a local steel supplier to you that will sell you 12 or 20 ft lengths. Check the yellow pages. A 12 footer of 3/16" 1018 here costs me under $3. I bring a hacksaw and whack it in two in the parking lot.

Comment

I should of been more precise about the online metal store i was referring about the nickel silver sheets & there more hard to find metals in general ,I can buy cold rolled metal here fairly cheap for slugs & keepers & rails

Comment

Working...
                      X