Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow so cool - congrats!

Comment

Great stuff, really different look. Me like!

Originally posted by Leonardo337 View Post
      I've never met such a generous, helpful, knowledgeable and downright awe inspiring person
      Couldn't agree more!

Comment

I was just an observer of this thread. Thanks so much for reporting the results with such good coverage with both photos and sound clips. Great job.

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for the feedback, guys.. Much appreciated.

I guess this forum isn't as busy as it was back in '11, LoL. I started on the guitar build write-up on Sunday, so with a bit of luck I'll be able to post it soon.. Won't be in here though, I understand there's a thread somewhere for home built projects, so I'll have to do a search for it.. Expect more stuff once the five string bass is underway, after the Strat... The DvD cabinet... The kitchen... Et al.

Thanks again for all the comments, glad you guys like them.
          "Maybe when we tinkerers just try different things and see what happens, it's insulting to people who earned specialized skills over years of hard study?"

Comment

Originally posted by Leonardo337 View Post
            Well, hello all... It's been a while.

After reading a lot of books on the subject and enlisting the help of a fellow forum member, I finished my seven string... With six pole "Zedbuckers".

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26337[/ATTACH]

I'm not sure if this will work with this forum software, but this should be a link to a photo album of the pickup assembly.

Pickups Slideshow by leonardo_337 | Photobucket
            Wow, really nice work on those pickups! And the guitar too! Makes me want to try some vacuum forming.
            It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
            www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Poking my nose in here guys though it's not really my thread and say thanks for the kind comments allthough I'm just the grunt that took young Lee's look that he wanted and turned it into a working model. I'll say thanks to Spence for some input and also to Nigel Hall for his usuall cadwork whch alows me to laser all my patterns. If he's good enough for BMW he's good enough for me. I'm also glad Lee put up the pics cus I'm not one for I've got a secret and I'm not telling acting captain I'd rather get it out in the open. Boutique makers are getting knocked now as all the bigger boys have watched this forum and now Stewmac and all else are doing aged vintage replicas and god knows what. Bit like Wallmarts and Tescos driving out the little boys so to me a few more with the knowledge won't hurt. A forum to me is teach and learn so you gotta give a bit back, after all 50 million guitar players and probable 20,000 winders so don't worry if Big Tee or David gets a sale cus of something you've shown on here cus there is still 49,999,999 potentials left. This pickup is not going into production it was just fun but if ever any interest is shown then It's Lee's toy and he can have someone else do it as the challenge was enough for me.

Comment

Working...
              X