Nickel H Gate covers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jason lollar View Post
    oh it takes more to twist my knickers but yes I didnt get what you meant but I was just talking about trademarks although I shouldnt say anymore on it actually!
    Knicker twisting was the reson why I stopped posting on forums in the first place... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by rhgwynn View Post
      If I had to come up with a scenario:...
      I'm talking about a pickup maker buying them and selling pickups made with them.

Sure, you can use them for repairs or whatever. I'll buy Fender or Gibson or whatever parts when someone wants them. That's why they make them available. I've built P-90s into Jazzmaster covers for players, but I wasn't selling them as Fender pickups. Sometimes you use the parts you need for the work you are doing. That might include using a Filter'tron cover and sticking a non stock pickup in it.

Did you really not understand what I was talking about?
      It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

http://coneyislandguitars.com
      www.soundcloud.com/davidravenmoon

Comment

Originally posted by rhgwynn View Post
        If I had to come up with a scenario...

Say you have a customer with a Gretsch guitar and they want to change it's sound...

...In order to meet the customer's needs, you would need to build their order from scratch, including buying the covers for them...
        Originally posted by David Schwab View Post
        I'm talking about a pickup maker buying them and selling pickups made with them.

Did you really not understand what I was talking about?
        That is what I just described, just not in the way you had in mind. You did not explicitly differentiate between custom work and products one might come up with themselves and attempt to bring to market. Therein lies the fatal flaw that I explained at length - it is extremely difficult to ascertain exactly what people mean to get across with words alone. Nevertheless, thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Group hug?

Comment

The parts sold by Angela (not Anglia) say:

"Genuine Gretsch. Yes, this will fit your '60s Gretsch EXACTLY. Also fits NEW Gretsch guitars distributed by Fender Musical Instruments. BRAND NEW! REAL GRETSCH! Fender part number 006-0905-000."

So, they are real Gretsch parts from Fender, so they can use the patent number. I don't get what you point was?

Gretsch Filtertron Pickup Cover, Nickel
            My point was that Jason thought I meant he had patent numbers on his H gate covers ... read the thread properly Dave I was ACTUALLY commenting on the extremely expensive Gretsch/Fender covers from 'who ever they are' ... and saying that one could be on dodgy legal territory producing a pickup of ones own to retail in one of those covers being as they were marked with that PAT number. All clear for everyone now?
            Dear lord that was like wading through molasses

Comment

Originally posted by foonting View Post
              My point was that Jason thought I meant he had patent numbers on his H gate covers ... read the thread properly Dave I was ACTUALLY commenting on the extremely expensive Gretsch/Fender covers from 'who ever they are' ... and saying that one could be on dodgy legal territory producing a pickup of ones own to retail in one of those covers being as they were marked with that PAT number. All clear for everyone now?
              Dear lord that was like wading through molasses
              Yeah, but why would you put the patent number on? That's like making Gibson style humbuckers and putting that Gibson patent on them. It's not a decoration.

People get too hung up on this vintage guitar stuff. If you don't have the real thing, just get over it. Your life won't end, and if you squint your eyes while posing in the mirror you will never know the difference! lol

The "extremely expensive Gretsch/Fender covers" are from Gretsch/Fender. All of Fenders replacement parts are expensive because of the markup.
              It would be possible to describe everything scientifically, but it would make no sense; it would be without meaning, as if you described a Beethoven symphony as a variation of wave pressure. — Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, but why would you put the patent number on? That's like making Gibson style humbuckers and putting that Gibson patent on them. It's not a decoration.

People get too hung up on this vintage guitar stuff. If you don't have the real thing, just get over it. Your life won't end, and if you squint your eyes while posing in the mirror you will never know the difference! lol

The "extremely expensive Gretsch/Fender covers" are from Gretsch/Fender. All of Fenders replacement parts are expensive because of the markup.
                I don't get it either.
                I have some fine import lefty guitars.
                I'm perfectly content with them.
                IMO some of mine sound much better than some of the vintage stuff I've heard.
                You can buy a deluxe import, cheaper than you can buy a cheaper Gibson or fender.
                So the headstock don't say gibson or fender, big deal!
                T
                "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                Terry

Comment

Originally posted by big_teee View Post
                  I don't get it either.
                  I have some fine import lefty guitars.
                  I'm perfectly content with them.
                  IMO some of mine sound much better than some of the vintage stuff I've heard.
                  You can buy a deluxe import, cheaper than you can buy a cheaper Gibson or fender.
                  So the headstock don't say gibson or fender, big deal!
                  T
                  I have some real vintage guitars. My '72 Mustang has Lawrence L-250 pickups in it. They don't look stock, but they sound better and don't hum. I think they look cooler too.

I also have a '59 Jazzmaster I'm restoring. I'll probably stick something else under the pickup covers, and since the guitar is a basket case, paint it a wild color. Maybe purple flake.

My favorite go to guitar is a mutt... a cheap Charvel CX 290 with an old Warmouth Tele neck on it. It's got my pickups in it, and an old ESP Flicker tremolo. Great little guitar. I could care less that it has no name on the headstock!

As far as Fender logos... I did this for a friend of mine. She's only 20, so it's was exciting for her lol

From this:

\

To this:

She knows it's a Squier, but as long as it looks like Sid Vicious' bass she's happy. lol

Comment

I didn't add, that all my Imports have my pickups in them.
                    Some of them are about wore out from testing different pickups.
                    I keep gluing dowels and toothpicks in the holes for the screws.
                    IMO Lots of testing is what improves pickups.
                    I'm always tweaking trying different things.
                    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                    Terry

Comment

Working...
                    X